Built a PC, No Display To Monitor

TheRelaxingHarm

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
Alright, so about a few days ago I built my second gaming PC, Upon firing it on, everything looked fine. (GPU fans spun, CPU fans spun, case fans spun, parts were creating heat, etc) But no display was on the monitor. I tried various other cords and connections, and even a different monitor. The GPU I got was used, but the person had relatively positive feedback on eBay, and the PSU I got was a 750 watt for around 35 dollars. Cheap, I know, but again, positive feedback and many were sold. I can't figure out what is causing this. I've spent the past fews days trying to fix it, but to no avail. Everything spins up just fine, but no display. All other components were brand new from Newegg, so It shouldn't be them. I heard taking out the CMOS battery would fix it, but its a new MoBo, so that shouldn't be the case.

Here are my specs-

R9 280x PowerColor

1 x ASRock 980DE3/U3S3

AMD FX 8350

8GB DDR3

750 Watt PSU

Solution
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/980de3u3s3/

These Asrock boards have issues sometimes. I just checked and unfortunately you cannot pull the GPU, and connect directly to the monitor to confirm the monitor is working.

I would try a different GPU at this point as it may have gotten damaged in shipping or whatever.

Also, for future reference, name brand PSU's, while more money, are worth the extra dough. the quality of the power from these cheapies create headaches, and figure out what your hassle and downtime is worth.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/980de3u3s3/

These Asrock boards have issues sometimes. I just checked and unfortunately you cannot pull the GPU, and connect directly to the monitor to confirm the monitor is working.

I would try a different GPU at this point as it may have gotten damaged in shipping or whatever.

Also, for future reference, name brand PSU's, while more money, are worth the extra dough. the quality of the power from these cheapies create headaches, and figure out what your hassle and downtime is worth.

Solution