[SOLVED] Built a PC Turns off and on with giving signal to my monitor.

somekiwiboi

Reputable
Oct 31, 2019
This is my first build - having trouble
First tried displayport from graphics card to monitor, no singal.
Tried hdmi from grpahics card to monitor, no singal.
Plugged my Laptop into hdmi on monitor works fine.

Solution
details on components of your build please.
i.e.: make and model of motherboard, ram, cpu, harddrive, vidoe card

from experience, inccorectly installed ram or incompatible ram with some motherboard, (asus notably) will try to match or make th ram work with the motherboard the process of rebooting is part of the auto-sensing system)

somekiwiboi

Reputable
Oct 31, 2019
CPU intel i7 9700k
Mobo - Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
Ram - 2x HyperX fury 8gb DDR4-2666
GPU - Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1660
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD - Apacer AS 340 120GB

PCDesignerR

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 30, 2014
Did you use the same cable from your laptop to the monitor? Does your laptop have a DP slot? You know it's not the monitor. If the same cable(s) are being used from the laptop and working but not the card, then the card may be problematic.

somekiwiboi

Reputable
Oct 31, 2019
Did you use the same cable from your laptop to the monitor? Does your laptop have a DP slot? You know it's not the monitor. If the same cable(s) are being used from the laptop and working but not the card, then the card may be problematic.
I used the same HDMI cable but my laptop doesn't have a DP slot. I am now thinking the Motherboard may be shorted.
Edit - I have got it to boot and give signal to monitor, I only have the speaker, cpu fan, SSD, one stick of ram + CPU power and 24 pin ATX, It is asking for a boot device should I install windows or keep going one component at a time?

Last edited: