Built first pc - no signs of life?! PLEASE HELP!

ngreed86

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Hi guys, I have built my first PC today and it wont turn on, no sound, no fans, no light on mobo (if there is supposed to be one?!). I have tried everything I can think of but I am a tech novice - can any suggest anything that would cause this? These are my components http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8h4CGX by the way if that helps.

FYI - the power switch is turned on! ;-)

ngreed86

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Hi. Thanks for your answer. I have just tried clearing the CMOS as its one of the only things I hadn't tried. I then plugged it back in and shorted the power switch and the cpu fan moved about 45-90 degrees before stopping again. Does this help diagnose where I might have the problem? There was no beeps at all by the way.

targetdan

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Unplug everything, and take the mobo out of your case. Now set it up with just mobo, cpu, and one stick of ram...If you haven't tried that already.

When you say no beeps - do you have a case speaker installed? If not then it won't beep.

Are you able to try a different psu, ie borrow one from a friend or even buy one from a shop with a good returns policy?