[SOLVED] Built in mic on headset won’t work

rkeehn547

Prominent
Dec 7, 2019
Hello, I recently bought a windows 10 pc and I have a headset that has a built in mic(Turtle Beach XO Three). My pc has two headset ports on the front, one for just a headset and one for a headset with a built in mic. When I plug my headset into the headset/mic combo port, it asks me if I plugged in a mic, a headset, or line in. If I click mic in, my mic works but my headset doesn’t. If I click headphones, my headset will work but my mic will not. I don’t know how to get both working at the same time. I have tried updating to the latest sound drivers but that doesn’t help. I am a noobie at this kind of stuff so please help.

Solution
My pc has two headset ports on the front, one for just a headset and one for a headset with a built in mic.
I think you may have misunderstood. Most desktops have two ports, however one is for headphones (sound out, stereo only), the other is for microphone (sound in). The connector on your Turtle Beach is a combo for sound out and sound in. It is meant for consoles, many laptops and phones. You need a headphone splitter like this one.
Sep 27, 2019
Hey so I once had the same problem with my Razer Kraken X. Here's a few things you can try:
  1. Make sure your mic isn't muted with your headset buttons.
  2. When it recognizes that you've installed a new headset, it will give you audio sensitivity options, you need to make sure that your sensitivity is set correctly or no one will be able to hear you.

My pc has two headset ports on the front, one for just a headset and one for a headset with a built in mic.
I think you may have misunderstood. Most desktops have two ports, however one is for headphones (sound out, stereo only), the other is for microphone (sound in). The connector on your Turtle Beach is a combo for sound out and sound in. It is meant for consoles, many laptops and phones. You need a headphone splitter like this one.

Solution