Question Built my Dream PC , but it crashes for every game

Jun 29, 2019
I have built my dream pc about a year and a half ago and it feels like no matter what I do my PC crashes at every game I download. Over the year I have factory reset my PC about 4-5 times to try and clean it up. Each factory reset was probably about 4 months apart. I have updated my drivers to the most current ones that Nvidia has to offer for my GPU. I have changed settings in the Nvidia control panel and there was no change. I have also changed settings to allow the game to run in administrative mode. I also have changed a bunch of other settings that some YouTube videos said to do for that specific game. Here are the Games I have tried Apex Legends, World of Tanks, War Thunder, COD Warzone, Smite, and a few more.

I'm hoping one you can try to work with me to try to get this thing working.

My Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @3.70ghz
Ram: 16Gb 2133MHz DDR4 (T-Force)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti (EVGA)
Power Supply: 750W (Thermaltake 80 plus gold)
MotherBoard: z370 Aorus Gaming 7
System Fan: NF-F12 120mm
CPU fan: Hyper 212 Evo
I also run windows 10 64bit
P.s I don't overclock anything on my PC, but if I need to I will.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020
If it's happening in every game, it's likely systemic in nature. Download a few monitoring programs to check your system in real time as you're playing. Look for anything out of the ordinary; temperature, cpu load, gpu load, RAM usage, Disk usage, etc. Anything that will monitor how your system is operating during these operations. It took me several weeks once to determine that, with a similar recurring crash on anything I did, that as soon as my cpu and gpu reached certain load limits, the entire system would shut down. I narrowed it down to the psu by deducing that it was failing while under sustained high loads and just guessed that it was my psu not delivering enough power. I had similar specs to yours, though AMD instead of intel. And I had a bigger psu, 850w. And which psu is it specifically? Thermaltake is rather varied in performance. I personally choose evga but at the time I had a thermaltake. They're not exactly high on the reliability list. Corsair, evga, seasonic, are all good brands for the most part, especially the corsair stuff. I don't which exactly bu there are a bunch of good guides for which to choose. I do endorse evga as I've had excellent luck with the G2 series but I do recognize corsair's seem to have better overall voltage regulation and stable draws under load and higher temperatures.

Jun 29, 2019
If it's happening in every game, it's likely systemic in nature. Download a few monitoring programs to check your system in real time as you're playing. Look for anything out of the ordinary; temperature, cpu load, gpu load, RAM usage, Disk usage, etc. Anything that will monitor how your system is operating during these operations. It took me several weeks once to determine that, with a similar recurring crash on anything I did, that as soon as my cpu and gpu reached certain load limits, the entire system would shut down. I narrowed it down to the psu by deducing that it was failing while under sustained high loads and just guessed that it was my psu not delivering enough power. I had similar specs to yours, though AMD instead of intel. And I had a bigger psu, 850w. And which psu is it specifically? Thermaltake is rather varied in performance. I personally choose evga but at the time I had a thermaltake. They're not exactly high on the reliability list. Corsair, evga, seasonic, are all good brands for the most part, especially the corsair stuff. I don't which exactly bu there are a bunch of good guides for which to choose. I do endorse evga as I've had excellent luck with the G2 series but I do recognize corsair's seem to have better overall voltage regulation and stable draws under load and higher temperatures.
do you have any recommendations on which monitoring programs you used. My psu is a thermaltake toughpower grand series RGB 750w 80 plus gold