[SOLVED] Built my first pc and it doesn’t display anything? Please help me

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 20, 2021
So I just built my first pc today and started it up. All the fans and LED’s in my case turned on and are working fine. however when i plug my hdmi cable from my monitor into my gpu, nothing comes up and it simply says “no signal”. I have no idea what is wrong. Bear in mind I am very new to computers. My specs are as follows - CPU = Ryzen 5 3600, Motherboard = Asrock b450m hdv, GPU = RX 5500, SSD = 240GB M.2 WD Green, HDD = 1TB Seagate Barracuda, RAM = corsair vengeance 8GB DDR4 3000MHz and a EVGA 600 br 80+ PSU

Solution
Did you make sure you have bios 3.10 version? could be on the box or on the website where you bought it. Becouse i was looking on local webshops, they all are 2000 series ready, so no good for your CPU

Or its the uncompatible ram

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
never mind the USB and sata cables, just connect CPU 4 pin, Motherboard ATX 24 pin, GPU PCie cable, thats it, we just want to know if you even can get to BIOS at this point, no need for other cables

Mar 20, 2021
never mind the USB and sata cables, just connect CPU 4 pin, Motherboard ATX 24 pin, GPU PCie cable, thats it, we just want to know if you even can get to BIOS at this point, no need for other cables
no, i can’t get to bios, i took out all the USB and Sata , and only used the ones you said, it’s still not going to the bios.

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Did you make sure you have bios 3.10 version? could be on the box or on the website where you bought it. Becouse i was looking on local webshops, they all are 2000 series ready, so no good for your CPU

Or its the uncompatible ram

Last edited:
Solution