Question Built my first PC: is the performance right?

May 7, 2020
This is my build: (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FL3p4n) at 1080p 144hz monitor. I've been using my build now for about 2 weeks, and while I can play games that I want, it seems like the performance is lower than I expected.

Games like apex and league of legends are kinda low. Apex, with all settings to med-low (tweaked it here and there to see if it gets better) are on average 100fps. League baffled me can at med (in game med) settings it's also only about 100fps or lower. I do usually play at 60fps but I figured I'd get more on League since it ran really well on my old laptop (intel HD graphics at around 120fps, granted on low).

I don't know if I overestimated it, it is a budget starter kit at 1080. Also, using the Radeon overlay thing my temps max out at 73C with league, though my gpu usage pretty much jumped up and down (1%-90%) throughout the game so I'm not sure if that's normal, my cpu caps at about 80%.

I read that the 570 should be able to play at high 1080, so I'm really confused. Best guess right now is the cpu to gpu pairing ain't good, or psu but, like I said, im new to pcs. So to summarize, is my system performing as it should? (Really sorry for the long summary). Also, bought my parts on amazon, could I still return when I already built my pc?