Built my own PC, now having random shutdown issues

Endstep

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I built own pc for the first time (part list here), and successfully installed windows on the ssd. While trying to install some drivers, the PC randomly shut down instantly, most of the lights of parts in the case going dark (notably, the CPU cooler and case power light stayed on). After waiting for quite some time, I was able to boot again, but the same thing happened yet again after the PC was on for only a minute or two.

The shutdown occurs every time the PC is booted within two minutes without fail. When looking at the bios, nothing seems out of the ordinary, the reported temperature is 27C.

Everything is completely normal except for these random shutdowns. Since the CPU cooler light stays on as long as the PSU is connected, I assume the PSU must be functional. Since this always happens in such a short time and the temperature never shows very high in the BIOS, I assume it probably isn't a heating or cooling issue, so is the mobo the only part that could cause this? Is it possible for a mobo to shut itself down and require a long period of time to start back up, or is this a case of a bad sensor misreading a temperature or something of that nature?

As far as I can tell, when it boots everything is perfectly normal, up until the point where everything shuts down completely.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that any diagnostic tools would be very difficult to use, since the computer will not stay on for very long at all. Even if I downloaded a diagnostic tool on my laptop and put it on a flash drive, it's unlikely I could get it to run for any significant length of time on the PC.

EDIT EDIT: After the last shutdown, I left the PSU on and waited. After about 25 minutes, all the components in the case - mobo, GPU, etc., came on. I pressed the power button, it booted, and then shut down after about a minute and a half.

Solution
if you can get the pc on for a bit check the voltages inside the bios see if the rails are fine. also update the bios if you can. make sure the cpu cooler not crushing the cpu. the newer chips lids are weaker then older ones.