Built new computer, Hard disk grinding noise and keyboard not working

Crazy_Yak

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Ok, So, I recently bought and assembled my new pc. I'm a first time builder but i did a bunch of research and i thought i'd pretty much nailed it. Everything was working fine until i booted it up for the first time with all the components(I'd done a few test boots as i went along) Everything ran smoothly and my motherboard logo appeared on the screen saying del for bios, f12 for ... and all that jazz. However, when i tried to use my keyboard to press del, it wouldn't work, although the keyboard was definitely on as the keys had lit up. I tried again with a ps/2 keyboard but once again to no avail. Not only this, the first time i booted up, the hard disk drive started making this god awful clunking and clicking sound which repeated over and over. Can anyone help? Here are my specs

MoBo-Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77-DS3H Motherboard
Generic hard disk drive 320GB SATA 3.5" (Amazon)
Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any more specs
PLEASE HELP I'd be so grateful to any help
THANKS

If your hard disk is making any kind of noise beyond a barely audible whisper, there is something horribly wrong with it and you should RMA it ASAP.
And if both keyboards didnt work it's likely something is wrong with the motherboard, but it could have been a fluke, if you get a working harddrive, and after loading up the OS install and your keyboards still don't work then something is likely wrong with the motherboard as well.

Crazy_Yak

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
cpu- intel Core I5-3470 Processor (3.20GHZ, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)
Memory-Kingston Technology KVR1333D3N9/8G 8GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9 DIMM Non ECC Memory Module
video card-sus GeForce GT 610 Silent Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA, Low Profile Design, 0dB Silent Cooling)
o/s-Microsoft Windows 7 Professional inkl SP1 64 Bit UK - Refurbished Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User - Win7 Pro 64 Bit