Built new PC but no video showing.

Mrrami10

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I've built this new PC
Specs:
R5 1600
Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB OC
Seasonic S12II 620W bronze (non modular)
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3
Case: Corsair Spec 01
Seagate Barracuda 1TB hdd.
Sandisk 120gb SSD
RAM 2x8GB G.skill Ripjaws (F4-3000C15D-16GVGB)

So i've put all the cables in and installed all the parts. I tried to connect it to a monitor, when I start it up the monitor shows nothing. The Cooler fans spins, the Case fans spin and the GPU fans spin for a couple of seconds at boot and then stop spinning. The lights on the Motherboard also work. The HDD LED shows no lights. I can't get into the BIOS or anything.
Help would be appreciated.

Edit 1: Does this problem has anything to do with the CPU maybe?

Solution
1) monitor plugs into the 1060, not the motherboard

2) most GPUs stop the fans after a second or two so that's normal

3) the HDD led would only do work if you had an os installed. There's nothing on it so it can't do anything.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
1) monitor plugs into the 1060, not the motherboard

2) most GPUs stop the fans after a second or two so that's normal

3) the HDD led would only do work if you had an os installed. There's nothing on it so it can't do anything.

Solution

Mrrami10

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I can't get into the bios as i've no monitor that shows some signs.

Mrrami10

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Okay, so i tried starting the system without the GPU, the system still made no sound. I don't know if that says anything, and also i've put a VGA cable in the Motherboard IO shield and into and Also tried putting a HDMI into the GPU and into the IO, still nothing.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
THERE IS NO ONBOARD VIDEO WITH RYZEN ignore the onboard ports. All testing must be done plugged into GPU. Typically the HDMI cables are your best bet id stick with them.

Go bare ones. 1 stick of ram (in correct slot, check motherboard manual) CPU, CPU cooler, GPU power supply and that's it see if it'll boot with everything else unplugged. If not swap ram sticks in same slot and try again.

mrjack2207

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Try reseating the ram and making sure the mobo and cpu power connections are all good

Mrrami10

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Okay. i've put my GPU back in place and i'll use my TV as monitor as it has HDMI and remove 1 RAM stick
I connected the 6 pin PCI-E to the GPU and see if i have any luck.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Make sure that 1 stick is where the manual tells you to put it, remove any case fans/ssds/hard drive disk drives, usb sticks/keyboards/mouse/ anything that isn't one of the items I specifically mentioned in the above post, remove it.

Mrrami10

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I plugged everything in, used mouse and keyboard, plugged HDMI in GPU with 1 stick. IT WORKED! then i plugged in the second and restarted, IT WORKED! Thank you very much for your help!

TRENDING THREADS