[SOLVED] Built new PC - friends now say my Logitech G430s sound bad (like I'm on CB radio or something)

aafusc2988

Honorable
Jan 8, 2015
They said I used to sound like I was in the room right next to them, and now the quality has gone downhill to them. Specs in sig.. I have the pink and green audio cables plugged into the dongle which is then plugged into USB in the motherboard at the back of the case.

My old system they said I was fine.. AMD FX-4300, GTX 1050Ti, MSI 760GM-P34(FX)..

Solution
Had the g430, try removing the logitech software and removing the usb sound card from the device manager then reboot and reinstall the logitech gaming software and the usb sound card. I got fed up with doing that (so many times!) I just broke down and got a Sound Blaster Play!3, life is much better now. SBX vsurround sound a bit better as a bonus.

Once the headset itself breaks (very weak at the hinge once the plastic ages a bit, mine didn't even last a year) consider a budget studio headphone (I am using the Samson SR850) with a lapel clip mic (using the Zalman ZM-Mic1, or as mentioned a desk mic) and you will have a much more durable DIY headset.

aafusc2988

Honorable
Jan 8, 2015

No, but I feel I shouldn't have to do that.. I mean it was the same way in my old crappy rig. If I do that also, I won't be able to use my speakers as playback while simultaneously talking in my G430s in Mumble so my friends can here me. I like to talk into the headset while it lays on my desk and hear them talk back through the speakers (especially if I am watching something I've downloaded on my PC). If I do what you suggest, I'd have to manually plug in the speakers at the back each time.

If you put the headset down and use the mic that way, I would just get a desktop mic. Is the sound bad also when you use the mic normally with the headset actually on your head?

Had the g430, try removing the logitech software and removing the usb sound card from the device manager then reboot and reinstall the logitech gaming software and the usb sound card. I got fed up with doing that (so many times!) I just broke down and got a Sound Blaster Play!3, life is much better now. SBX vsurround sound a bit better as a bonus.

Once the headset itself breaks (very weak at the hinge once the plastic ages a bit, mine didn't even last a year) consider a budget studio headphone (I am using the Samson SR850) with a lapel clip mic (using the Zalman ZM-Mic1, or as mentioned a desk mic) and you will have a much more durable DIY headset.

Solution