Question Built new rig strange startup behavior. please help

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Alright guys, Thank you so much for giving me any input on this. I built a new rig. Asus X470 Pro Ryzen 2600x RTX 2070, M2 drive for Win 10. EVGA 850 PSU. Every time I hit the power button on the PC. it powers on for second. Powers off, then powers back on and stays on? Its the only time it will ever do that, so I do not think its a voltage or power supply issue?

Lutfij

Titan
If your specs are that which is found in your sig space, please post your specs in the thread's body. Like all things in a sig space, they change over time. When that does happen, this thread and the solutions offered will become irrelevant to the person in the same issue as you.

Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Now, have you tried powering the system while breadboarded?

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
MB: Asus Prime x470-Pro
RAM: XPG Spectrix DDR4 16GB
SSD: Western Digital Sata SSD M.2
HDD: Western Digital HDD 1TB
GPU: Aorus Extreme RTX 2070
PSU: EVGA 850W PSU
Case: Rosewill Cullinan v500

I have not tried stripping it down to the basics. However, I just turned it on this morning and it didn't do that. I am starting to think it does that when I put new hardware on board or switch existing hardware to different slots??? For example, last night I switched my M.2 drive from the slot that is under the heatsink to a different spot on the board without a heatsink. I was not comfortable with the construction of the heatsink and did not trust it. Could this behavior be like some sort of switch in my motherboard checking to make sure everything is okay before doing a real boot?