Question Built Pc 2 days ago all games crash after 10-20 min of playing no error msg

Blakemanr

Prominent
May 16, 2019
So yes i built my pc 2 days ago installed windows and drivers all updates and when i tried playing bfv, overwatch, and a couple different steam games i crash 10 to 20 min in.....

My specs are
CPU- Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU COOLER- Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
MOTHERBOARD- ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA 1151 Motherboard
GRAPHICS CARD- PNY - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB GDDR4 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

STORAGE- Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
POWER SUPPLY- EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
WINDOWS 10
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E500BW)
4 TB western digital blue

Can post dxdiag if needed everything else works on the pc just all games are having problems

Blakemanr

Prominent
May 16, 2019
What happens when it crashes? Does it just hard lock the game? Does the system just completely shut down? Or is the game itself just crashing? (Sorry for a million questions)

No worries i need the help ;) But the game just shuts down fast no lag and i cant start back up then play for another 10 to 20 min.... well battlenet games crashed whole pc orgin epic and steam just crashed the games quickly

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
Alright, have you updated all your drivers? If you have the up to date drivers, I would try to DDU the drivers just to make sure they are all good. I also know that your GPU that you have does have a tenancy too run a bit hot and it throttles around 80degC. So if it is getting up to 75degC you would be cutting it pretty close. Especially if you are in a fast pace situation in a game where there is lots to be rendered in. It might be worth going into your GPU settings and adjusting the fan curve to something a little more aggressive. Hopefully that helps.

Also if you don't know how to DDU your drivers, I can send you a quick step by step video (it is very easy and is a fix for a lot dumb PC problems)

Blakemanr

Prominent
May 16, 2019
Alright, have you updated all your drivers? If you have the up to date drivers, I would try to DDU the drivers just to make sure they are all good. I also know that your GPU that you have does have a tenancy too run a bit hot and it throttles around 80degC. So if it is getting up to 75degC you would be cutting it pretty close. Especially if you are in a fast pace situation in a game where there is lots to be rendered in. It might be worth going into your GPU settings and adjusting the fan curve to something a little more aggressive. Hopefully that helps.

Also if you don't know how to DDU your drivers, I can send you a quick step by step video (it is very easy and is a fix for a lot dumb PC problems)

Yea a video would be awesome man! thank you

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
Even if you are not running an OC I'd suggest running something like occt for 12hrs on the system. I'd do a run through of both large and medium data sets make sure all the temps look good and that it doesn't run into errors. This will also take the video card out of the picture, so if occt crashes you'll at least know it isn't your video card. I'd also try running a few benchmarks on the system and see if anything seems to be benching below what it should be. IF something isn't running up to speed then that would be a good starting point for additional troubleshooting.