[SOLVED] Built pc for first time, it boots but no signal to monitor

Mar 8, 2019
I just built my pc and "completed" it, but the monitor that I have says no signal.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6 core processor
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO
MOTHERBOARD: MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4 3200.....(I got two sets of these, so 64 GB of RAM)
HDD: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM
GPU:
MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GAMING X 4G

POWER SUPPLY:
Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX
CASE:
Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

I've tried reconnecting the RAM and checking my cables/wires/ports. All seemed fine and not broken. I'm starting to think its because of the CPU because I had some trouble putting the cooler on the CPU.

I was connecting the monitor through VGA, but haven't tried the HDMI port on the monitor cause the case doesn't even have a HDMI port. I'm thinking about getting a different monitor that can support DVI-D or Display Port. Not sure what to do here so I have come to the internet. :)

Solution
I was connecting the monitor through VGA, but haven't tried the HDMI port on the monitor cause the case doesn't even have a HDMI port. I'm thinking about getting a different monitor that can support DVI-D or Display Port. Not sure what to do here so I have come to the internet.
Yeah, you want the monitor plugged into your graphics card, not the motherboard, and current cards no longer include native support for VGA. What model of monitor is it? If it offers an HDMI, DVI or DisplayPort connection, then it should simply be a matter of connecting it to the card using the appropriate cable. If the monitor is VGA-only, you would need an active adapter that converts the signal.
I was connecting the monitor through VGA, but haven't tried the HDMI port on the monitor cause the case doesn't even have a HDMI port. I'm thinking about getting a different monitor that can support DVI-D or Display Port. Not sure what to do here so I have come to the internet.
Yeah, you want the monitor plugged into your graphics card, not the motherboard, and current cards no longer include native support for VGA. What model of monitor is it? If it offers an HDMI, DVI or DisplayPort connection, then it should simply be a matter of connecting it to the card using the appropriate cable. If the monitor is VGA-only, you would need an active adapter that converts the signal.

Solution