Built PC, it is a stuttery mess!!??

rangafromtonga

Commendable
Oct 25, 2017
I just recently built a new pc, gtx 780, i5 4590s, b85m-e45 mobo, 16gb ram and some other goodies. Running games like roblox run fine, but playing fortnite or something of that sort, has high fps then gets random fps drops, micro stutters, and it effects gameplay quite uhh much.

Any suggestions??

Solution
Use something like MSi afterburner to monitor things like CPU/GPU usage and temps, or alternatively HWmon. This will let us see whats going on hard ware wise.

What resolution are you gaming on? Are the FPS drops only in forthnight? What other games.

I suspect the i5 4590 is possibly hitting 100% usage which would cause FPS drops. You have enough ram, GTX780 is okay (if you are gaming at 1080p).

Check also HD usage. Is it 100% usage while you are gaming? Any back round tasks going on?You can check this with task manager. Close things like chrome/IE etc as they can take up chunks of ram and cpu resources.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for system and GPU, Bios for your motherboard.
Use something like MSi afterburner to monitor things like CPU/GPU usage and temps, or alternatively HWmon. This will let us see whats going on hard ware wise.

What resolution are you gaming on? Are the FPS drops only in forthnight? What other games.

I suspect the i5 4590 is possibly hitting 100% usage which would cause FPS drops. You have enough ram, GTX780 is okay (if you are gaming at 1080p).

Check also HD usage. Is it 100% usage while you are gaming? Any back round tasks going on?You can check this with task manager. Close things like chrome/IE etc as they can take up chunks of ram and cpu resources.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for system and GPU, Bios for your motherboard.

Solution