Question BullGuard Online Drive

May 22, 2019
I got a souvenir USB hub from one of our suppliers. The computer doesn't recognize the device. I got windows to search for a suitable driver, it asked me to restart my PC and now I just noticed "BullGuard Online Drive" in my list of drives. I don't think it was there before and i definitely didn't install it myself. Strangely when I click on the folder it doesn't open. I have kaspersky on my PC along with malwarebytes. I don't see that software under all programs or in add/remove programs. How can I remove it?

May 22, 2019
I didn't think of that. Nevertheless I tried it and it is still there. I can't click it, I can't get rid of it. I am just worried that there could be some malware involved. I did a quick scan and nothing was found. I'll have to do a full scan overnight.

May 22, 2019
I deleted all registry keys for Bullguard and now that virtual drive is gone. I hope it wasn't a virus. Once I was helping a customer remotely, i logged in to her windows 10 machine and after a 10 seconds or so, I found myself thrown into what looks like a windows 7 computer with a massive copy operation running in the background.

May 22, 2019
No it was a home PC. Initially I thought that somehow I've given the session ID to another person (which I know I did not), so I created a brand new session and the same thing happened again. On the first time it even seemed like someone was logged in and kicked me out of my session. I asked her if it was a work PC, she said no it is a home PC and she's the only one using it at the time. Long story short, I asked her to turn it off and have someone check it using kaspersky, eset online and malware bytes. They found a bunch of stuff and after it was cleaned she was able to see her cameras on her phone again... yep, the malware on her PC, but it was affecting her NVR probably because of the network traffic.