Burger King Selling Windows 7 Whopper in Japan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptroen

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Actually puffing is a good point. You probably have some translucent paint thinner used on that picture to make it look more mouth watering.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]ptroen[/nom]Actually puffing is a good point. You probably have some translucent paint thinner used on that picture to make it look more mouth watering.[/citation]
No, there are rules regarding food in advertising here in the US.. You have to show a real product that you would sell in the restaurant, so no paint thinner. Now that doesnt mean you cant make 100 of them until you find that one that looks absolutely perfect though. I went to culinary school and they offer classes on how all that is done.

G

[citation][nom]ptroen[/nom]Actually puffing is a good point. You probably have some translucent paint thinner used on that picture to make it look more mouth watering.[/citation]
Puff is when they make it look better than it actually is such as multiple "thick & large" slices of tomatoes, plenty of whole leaf lettuce, large slices of onions and what ever else they may actually show in the picture.

But the reality when you order would be only a sprinkle of chopped lettuce, a pinch of diced onion and if you're lucky, one or two paper thin slices of tomato. The worst thing is they get away with this legally.

G

[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]No, there are rules regarding food in advertising here in the US.. You have to show a real product that you would sell in the restaurant, so no paint thinner. Now that doesnt mean you cant make 100 of them until you find that one that looks absolutely perfect though. I went to culinary school and they offer classes on how all that is done.[/citation]
I beg to differ, but there is a law out there regarding Puffing.

I found out about this from a guy who used to be a Union President. This guy busted some big companies which tried to play dirty politics. He also later on became a manager at a Burger King for awhile.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
JEsus christ I thought Japanese fast food was sold in samller amount because those asians dont eat as much...I would expect something like that to come to America since everyone likes they're things BIG here in America.

man-inj-74

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I knew that was too cheap... After reading the fine print on that ad...
"The first 30 customers of the day to order the burger get it for a special price of 777YEN, regular price is 1450YEN"

Crazy, crazy, most people here have trouble finishing a regular sized burger.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Even though we wish it would look as it is pictured, the sad reality here is the laws in the USA (Not sure of other countries) allow restaurants to get away with showing one thing and serving something entirely different as long as it's what is promised.What is shown in the Advertisements is called Puffing and is entirely legal. Yet at the same time, the restaurants get away with very little of what they show on the actual item.I wish the FDA would make Puffing illegal and that they would make restaurants such as McDonald's and Burger King serve exactly what they advertise the same way they advertise it.I still remember when they would use whole leaf lettuce on the burgers instead of the shredded crap they use these days.[/citation]

Are you entirely serious here? Last I checked I ordered food to EAT it not stare at it. If the product is the same product and tastes great then to hell with what it looks like. Especially at a fast food restaurant.

G

When you see a whopper or a Big Mac advertised and you order one, the difference between the way it is pictured and the way it is served is very different.

I rarely go to a fast food restaurant cause I expect the food I order to at least be served with approximately the same amount of toppings that they show in their advertisements and/or pictures.

Puffing basically amounts to bait and switch with how little fast food restaurants put on their burgers compared to what they show in their advertisements or even on their menus.

Cause tell the truth, if they showed side by side the advertisement picture and a picture of the real deal, what you really get for your money, would you really be inclined to order what they are selling or would you go somewhere that does sell something that actually does have real toppings on it?

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom]Yuck, I hate to think of the disgusting mess this thing actually looks like when you open the wrapper... no-one here truly believes it'll look anything like that pic do they?[/citation]

Agreed. I can't imagine what the real burger, with all 7 sheets of "meat" sliding out of the greasy, soggy bun, will look like.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Thats a big fucking burger..... Too bad they didnt squeeze it down to its real size like they do everything else these days. Only place that follows its commercials anymore is Carls jr.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
Oops

vistaburger2.jpg

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
DAMN IT !! How the hell I'm going to open my mouth to have a bite of this fetus ??!! So I guess when Windows 8 arrives, it's going to have 8 patties and ...$1.50 for extra cheese. Look at that thing, my jaw would be torn apart if a dare to try one full bite. Maybe with the windows 8 whopper we'll need a surgical procedure included with the burger to have a nice "user experience" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.