Burger King Selling Windows 7 Whopper in Japan

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webgrunt

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Renegade_Warrior wrote:
"If they sold that locally, I sure as hell would buy one and give it a try."

They do. It's called "I'll have one Whopper and three double whoppers, please." Some assembly is required.

webgrunt

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Wait, 777 yen? That's like $8.50. I seem to remember food being more expensive than that when I was in Japan, especially beef--even at a special price I have a hard time seeing them sell it for that. Maybe it's legit, but I suspect it might be fake. Either way, it's entertaining...

webgrunt

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]man-inj-74[/nom]I knew that was too cheap... After reading the fine print on that ad..."The first 30 customers of the day to order the burger get it for a special price of 777YEN, regular price is 1450YEN"[/citation]
Thanks! That makes more sense.

I believe this burger will be the ultimate test of W7: If you can eat it all, the amount of time that one can stay out of the "restroom" in hours (or minutes, perhaps) will be how long W7 will be around. So say, 3 hours=3 years. I know that makes no sense, but I'm making the point that the burger has been destroying people's tracts for the past 24 hours.

G

A great metaphor for Windows 7: bloated and excessive. By the time you get halfway through, you wish you'd ordered something else. Then your doctor tells you to get more fruit in your diet...

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
major ripoff 777 yen for that small crap

thats nearly $8.50USD
it is cheaper to buy 7 dollar menu items,

or better yet, burger-king is selling the double cheese burger for $1 but 7 of them to celebrate windows 14x0.5

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Ok, everyone. I'm trying to convince my wife we need to go to Tokyo (the only place there are BKs here in Japan) for her birthday, just so we can buy one of these, eat half of it and take pictures.

Wish me luck.

BTW, the whopper is a good deal bigger than the $1 burgers you can get.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]I wish the FDA would make Puffing illegal[/citation]

I have always held that Food Styling, as the profession is called, is unethical. Hand-selecting which corn flakes will appear in a bowl is one thing, but using potatoes for ice cream, eschewing actual milk in favor of something that "looks more like milk" and stuffing cardboard between ingredients to make them stand tall are patently false advertising.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]webgrunt[/nom]I seem to remember food being more expensive than that when I was in Japan, especially beef[/citation]

How would the price of beef affect a Burger King hamburger????

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
If I was going to go back to Japan just for a burger, it'd be Mos Burger.

Say what you want, but until you've had Mos Burger, you ain't had a good burger.

or you could order both a quad and triple stacker and put those babies together, lol there isn't even any veggies on the stacker too.

but i am sure they would make one for you after all there slogan is "have it your way"

c0r3f1ght3r

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
ugh... to why someone would even wanna attempt to eat that is beyond me... they should sell that in America i guarantee it would profit.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Just as fat and overblown as windblow$. It probably cost m$ a batch of $$ to convince the fa$tfood pu$her, but there are enough wintards to make up for it.

G

questions:
anyone with personal experience with this burger, please advise the following:

1) how long does it take to get to the mouth (boot)
2) does it occasionally stop being edible, requiring you to put it back in the box, close it, then reopen before eating can continue?
3) does it benefit from occasional reinstalls? (eg: falling apart all over table, requiring re-assembly...)... Read more
4) is it compatible with 3rd party condiments?

it is a microsoft burger after all.. :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.