Question Burn in on new monitor?

Dec 6, 2018
So I've only had this monitor about 4 months now I believe, its a Sceptre c275b-144r 24"
And oddly enough I think I'm already starting to get some burn in where the task bar is, its not bad at all yet but when some darker grey images come up when playing game or anything in full screen you can clearly see the outline of the bar and the windows start symbol.
I thought maybe it was just image persistence but I left my monitor off 24 hours and it still seems to be there.

The weird thing is it isn't viable during white or bright screens or black screens just like greys or darker colors.
Any ideas if this is an actual burn in or a good possible fix?

Everywhere I look seems to say that new monitors generally don't get any type of burn in these days so I'm lost. I mostly only use my monitor for gaming, and I never leave it on overnight or anything.

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
Everywhere I look seems to say that new monitors generally don't get any type of burn in these days so I'm lost. I mostly only use my monitor for gaming said:
I keep reading the same too, but it definitely still happens eventually on many LCD panel monitors/TVs. My LED-backlit IPS-panelled Samsung TV is already showing signs of burn-in after only 5 months of careful usage in an attempt to avoid it.

I was really hoping that LED backlighting with its vastly reduced heat output vs CCFL would eliminate the problem, but I dare say it would still happen to all of them eventually if left displaying the same static image for long enough.

Dec 6, 2018
Dang, yea mines not too noticeable right now but I fear its only going to get worse over time. Its odd because my secondary monitor is like a cheap 24"HP monitor since its a secondary literally does sit there with a static screen all the time unless I'm streaming and has no signs of burn in haha.

I've read a couple articles saying running an all white static screen saver for a couple hours could help revert it so I might try that later and see if it makes a difference.

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
Yeah. It's an odd one as some LCD displays do seem to suffer from it worse than others. I don't know whether IPS is maybe more prone to it that, say, TN?

The monitor I've been using for nearly 4 years has a 27" AMVA+ panel and shows no signs of burn-in...yet. Fingers crossed as it has an excellent static contrast ratio of over 4000:1 that I'd miss badly if forced to go for something else next time around.

A white static screen saver may do the job for yours. It's definitely worth a try.

So I've only had this monitor about 4 months now I believe, its a Sceptre c275b-144r 24"
And oddly enough I think I'm already starting to get some burn in where the task bar is, its not bad at all yet but when some darker grey images come up when playing game or anything in full screen you can clearly see the outline of the bar and the windows start symbol.
I thought maybe it was just image persistence but I left my monitor off 24 hours and it still seems to be there.

The weird thing is it isn't viable during white or bright screens or black screens just like greys or darker colors.
Any ideas if this is an actual burn in or a good possible fix?

Everywhere I look seems to say that new monitors generally don't get any type of burn in these days so I'm lost. I mostly only use my monitor for gaming, and I never leave it on overnight or anything.

All depends on the actual panel type and quality of the said panel, something I don't know what that actually is on that monitor for sure and I did actually look. That's a red flag right there IMO not listing the panel type in the specs even on the website.

The issue is on the budget lines they aren't using the higher end panels so what you end up with are old and or low end panels.

With high quality panels burn in isn't an issue.

Been using LCD's forever now and I have never seen a burn in issue, that's both on PC monitors and TV's.

I still have a few OLD LCD monitors that are over 17 years old that don't have any burn in problems.