Burned laptop motherboard, what sort of component would this be?

Dec 28, 2018
So my laptop started buzzing the other day and wouldn't turn on, I disassembled it and found this component burned, it's near the USB ports: https://imgur.com/tq1JEzV the motherboard is a DA0U99MB6C0 Rev. C 785442-501. Anyone know what part this could be or would it be very specific to the motherboard? Any text that it might have had is burned and I can't find any picture that has it readable.

Solution
*Very* unlikely that could be repaired (as in probably impossible), even replacing all the visible parts would not repair all the cooked traces underneath.

RealBeast

Titan
At a minimum you need a new motherboard. If you are comfortable with doing repairs you can often find common motherboards on EBay pretty cheap.

Dec 28, 2018

I was thinking of trying to solder this tiny thing. I've done some soldering on larger components, custom quadcopter, and have changed at least a dozen tablet/phone screens, soldered batteries, so no issues disassembling it. But I guess without knowing what exact component that is it would be impossible or too much of a gamble to just toss something in that looks close enough?