[SOLVED] Burned Motherboard?

Feb 19, 2020
Hello All

Sorry to bother, but probably you guys can help me. I decided to purchase a new motherboard for my old PC (needed more SATA interfaces). Bought a MSI H170A Gaming Pro.

I have a i3 and a 970gtx sc evga (old one - but more than enough for what i need).

So - did the install with all the itens. Everything is connected, and, on the first try - everything worked ok. However, after i moved it to the correct location (shutdown correctly) - on the second start - it did not start.

After reconnecting everything - the cpu fan spins and all the lights of the motherboard came alive.... And that's it.
I removed the gpu and connect the hdmi cable to the motherboard - and nothing.
Left only the ssd disk - and nothing.
Removed one DIMM of memory - and nothing...
Changed the power supply - and nothing.
Removed the gpu..... - and nothing. (BTW - reconnect the gpu and does not spin....)

So - with this in mind - any ideas of where the problem is??

Thanks in advance
Altough it starts and all the lights appears on the motherboard and the cpu fan starts - there is no graphic at all.

Cheers
Filipe Alves

Solution
Hello All

Sorry to bother, but probably you guys can help me. I decided to purchase a new motherboard for my old PC (needed more SATA interfaces). Bought a MSI H170A Gaming Pro.

I have a i3 and a 970gtx sc evga (old one - but more than enough for what i need).

So - did the install with all the itens. Everything is connected, and, on the first try - everything worked ok. However, after i moved it to the correct location (shutdown correctly) - on the second start - it did not start.

After reconnecting everything - the cpu fan spins and all the lights of the motherboard came alive.... And that's it.
Removed one DIMM...

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Hello All

Removed one DIMM of memory - and nothing...
Changed the power supply - and nothing.
Removed the gpu..... - and nothing. (BTW - reconnect the gpu and does not spin....)

So - with this in mind - any ideas of where the problem is??

Thanks in advance
Altough it starts and all the lights appears on the motherboard and the cpu fan starts - there is no graphic at all.

Cheers
Filipe Alves
Had this exact same issue where when my dad moved my pc the power cable yanked out and the motherboard sacrificed itself, probably because of a short circuit or something. However mine wouldn't turn on at all although the psu worked fine. Anyways I swapped out the motherboard and it was working perfectly again. I think you might have had the same issue, try a motherboard if you have your old one still

Solution