Question Burned pcb on 1080ti

Mar 27, 2022
Hey guys, on febrary this year i was using microsoft office when suddenly my screen turned black and i smell a burned smell, i realize my gtx 1080ti, was burned, i took it to the RMA but guarante was expired, yet they took it to the lab and showed me what happend, the gpu had some burned parts on the PCB, i already bought a new gpu, but i wanted to know if there is a way to fix this?
Ill share some pics of the burned parts

https://postimg.cc/qN3qCtsG

Mar 27, 2022
Was it a piece of metal that caused the PCB burn?
I really dont have much knowledge about the inside of the gpu, i just use my pc for work, photo editing and videos.
that picture is basically what i saw when they opened it up, they told me that if the burned parts where on another spot they could ve solder a path, but since im from argentina, even RMA are not very relliable cuz sometimes it can be fix but it would take up lot of work, depending on the price, i could pay for the fix or if its basically the price of a new one, i would just keep it stored.

By the way, when this happened, the rgb ligghts were still on, and functioning, same as the fans, they were still spinning.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I really dont have much knowledge about the inside of the gpu, i just use my pc for work, photo editing and videos.
that picture is basically what i saw when they opened it up, they told me that if the burned parts where on another spot they could ve solder a path, but since im from argentina, even RMA are not very relliable cuz sometimes it can be fix but it would take up lot of work, depending on the price, i could pay for the fix or if its basically the price of a new one, i would just keep it stored.

By the way, when this happened, the rgb ligghts were still on, and functioning, same as the fans, they were still spinning.
Time to buy another video card.

Even if that part could be replaced it can still come down to something else made that part fail.