Burnin Audio CDs???

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Has something changed here recently???
I went to burn/copy an audio CD yesterday, and whacko! Audio-ReSync Errors!!!

Well, OK, I'll just copy it to disk, and burn it from there. OopS, Can't do that either, get 1K .CDA files only!!!

Now wait a minute??? When did this come about???

Have been burnin/copyin CD's since 98 with my HP8100 CDR/W and EzCdCreator. I also used to be able to copy the CD to disk, drag the files into a different order, and then burn from there. Or could play the files while on disk...

Well it ain't that way now!! Not on W2K! When did this happen! I distinctly remember burnin a copy of Santana "Smooth" last year. The CD was slightly too long for a 74 minute CD. I copied the CD to disk, deleted a song, then draged the Dir to EZcd to burn...

Bottom line here is that you used to get the digiital files themselves when copying audio files from a CD. Now ya get these 1K CDA files... When this happen? Obviously somewhere between NT4 SV3 and W2k SP2! When did the micky slip into the driver??? Oops! Now I know I'm not immagining this, I use to waste a lot of disk space with digital music tracks copied from CD till MP3 converters came around. Now I can't even get a digital file from a CD... And this digital ReSync - When? Am pretty sure I cOuld get to the actual digital contents with original W2k, but not now with SP2.

Could some one please explain quickly? Or refer me to some doc...

forgettythatty

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2001
umm go to www.daemon-tools.com and download the aspi for all and get daemon tools for fun, get www.exactaudiocopy.de for copying audio and go to www.feurio.com to burn audio. there.

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Fixed it...
Had to replace CDROM drive... iold one bit the dirt

Anyway, to get original digital files from CD( for auditin or whatever), ya can still do it...
With EzCD, just, copy CD, with the copy to disk first option. As soon as progress has past copying files to disk, Go to the temp directory used, and there they are each track as CDxxxxxx.tmp. The file will be available until you press the OK buttton after CD created successfully dialog...
Rename the CDxxxxx.tmp to a .wav file and ya got em....

I think ya could get by creating a audio CD layout and saving it also...

Believe me, something ha changed, the raw digatial files used to be a lot easier to get at....

M$ giveth, and also taketh away!!!!!