Question Burning a 4x CD-RW on a modern drive?

THK

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
Hello, can someone tell me whether it's possible to burn an old "2x-4x compatible" CD-RW disc on a modern optical drive, such as ASUS ZenDrive U9M?
Is the minimum possible burn speed mandated by the drive's firmware, so the discs below that minimum fail to burn? Thanks in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, can someone tell me whether it's possible to burn an old "2x-4x compatible" CD-RW disc on a modern optical drive, such as ASUS ZenDrive U9M?
Is the minimum possible burn speed mandated by the drive's firmware, so the discs below that minimum fail to burn? Thanks in advance.

Specs do not say a 'minimum' write speed.
But probably.

Try it. All you have to lose is one blank CD-RW.

THK

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
But probably.
I'm asking because I've found some on eBay, and plan to use them for the car CD player. These often don't like CDs burned at high speeds, currently using RWs written at 10x - most of the time they work fine. But even they are pretty hard to find these days.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm asking because I've found some on eBay, and plan to use them for the car CD player. These often don't like CDs burned at high speeds, currently using RWs written at 10x - most of the time they work fine. But even they are pretty hard to find these days.
Do you already have that optical drive?
Any blank CDs around?

If so, try it at 4x.