Question burning mp3 and video on cd

isley88

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
is it possible to burn mp3 and some kind of video on a cd so that a cd player can play the music and a dvd to play the video files? any app?

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
they used to sell cd's all the time that had music videos on the disc to view on a pc. they were called multi-session disks.

i never tried to create one but that's what they were called. some googling with this term in mind may yield a solution of how to do it. again never did it myself but asume it's possible somehow since they were sold for a long time. i have a bunch of them still in a box full of cd's i still have.

don't know if a standard dvd player will read the files or not, they might have to formatted for dvd which might break the process. just a guess but it's really all i got.

good luck

is it possible to burn mp3 and some kind of video on a cd so that a cd player can play the music and a dvd to play the video files? any app?
mp3? cd? dvd player? What are those things you speaketh of?!
But seriously most old players will just not recognize a cd with two different file types on them or will try to play all the files even those they can't play and any newer players will have a menu that will tell you if it can read audio as well as video files.
Normal cd players will not play mp3,if they support mp3 they will also have a file selection so you can select the mp3s,same goes for any dvd player that can play video files that are not dvd video.

So the short answer is yes, if the players support it.

TRENDING THREADS