[SOLVED] Burning smell coming from wires

Nov 9, 2018
So i have this custom built computer ,but nothing is plugged in yet ,execpt the pumps and fans ,i have a total of 11 thermaltake premium fans with 4 controllers ,plugged on a single rail of molex from my evga 1200watt supernova p2 platinum ,also have 6 uv led strips off of splitters . I have 4 pumps plus 2 ssds on a single rail sata cable from the psu . But every time i short the psu out to fill the system i get the smell of electrical burning from the wires underneath where i have all the connections for the fans and pumps ,which are in a different secetion away from the psu . The psu doesnt have any smell coming from it just the wires . Since i dont have anything else but the pumps and fans and leds hooked up it wouldnt be the cpu mother or gpus

System specs
11 120mm thermaltake premium fans
4 thermaltake d5 pumps
6 radiators
1 lumi plus rgb
6 uv molex leds
Z390 meg godlike
I9 9900k
2 2080tis in sli ( liquid cooled)
1200 watt evga p2
2 samsung ssd
2 western digital hdds

Please let me know if im doing something wrong

Solution
Are any of the conductors (wires) warm to the touch? Including the cable from the PSU. Might be overloading the single daisy-chain. Might have to use a 2nd one. What make.model Thermaltake fans? Or do you know their amp draw?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Are any of the conductors (wires) warm to the touch? Including the cable from the PSU. Might be overloading the single daisy-chain. Might have to use a 2nd one. What make.model Thermaltake fans? Or do you know their amp draw?

Solution
Nov 9, 2018

The wire itself isnt getting warm to the touch ,but the fans are rated .15a per fan ,Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition , but as soon as i turn the psu on the smell starts up ,and a bit of smoke started to happen at first ,now its just smells