Burning win10 on a blank disc [Please answer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrithBubba

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014
So my computer's windows folder had corrupted and i couldn't access it so I was forced to format all my drives also losing windows. Yes, I did something stupid. Anyway, I was wondering if you all could tell me how exactly (emphasis on EXACTLY) I can burn windows 10 on a blank disc and what to do after i've inserted the CD into my PC (My PC currently doesn't even have an operating system). Please help. This help is regarding
a) Is it as simple as putting the file on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to the disc and entering the disc into my pc?
b) How big of a blank disc do I need? Or is there only one size? lol idk
c) How do I get a product key for win10?
d) What happens when I enter the disc into the PC?
Give as much explanation as you can please thanks! :D

Solution
A - that tool allows you to download an ISO file. You burn that to a DVD
B - a standard 4.7GB DVD will work
C - it may not need one. Try it and see what happens
D - Hopefully, your PC will say "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. After that, follow the prompts.

USAFRet

Titan
A - that tool allows you to download an ISO file. You burn that to a DVD
B - a standard 4.7GB DVD will work
C - it may not need one. Try it and see what happens
D - Hopefully, your PC will say "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. After that, follow the prompts.

Solution

PrithBubba

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014

A) Link or explanation please? Didn't quite understand
B) Okay, thanks!
C) I'm pretty sure it needs one.
D) Okay, will do.

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
A) That Tool is basically like a front to download Windows. Its not actually the files needed to install Windows, but it'll download them for you. When you click on it, you'll see, it'll say "Downloading Windows." After that, you'll be asked whether you want to upgrade or burn onto a removable storage (something along the lines of that). You'll obviously want to burn onto a removable storage. From there, youll be able to choose what media you want to burn your installation onto, and from there, HOPEFULLY, its smooth sailing.

After the Windows installation is burned onto the CD, you insert it into the PC you want to install the OS on and start it up (depending on your boot order, you might have to press the boot set up key, varying from mobo brands, and hit boot from cd/dvd)

PrithBubba

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014

It was windows 7 but I don't have the disc or code for it. :l Someone else added the windows 7 in for me, so.

PrithBubba

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014

But I can't really access my PC lol. Okay anyway I'll try that, thanks.

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

based on your original post, it sounded like you had another PC to do all of this on.

PrithBubba

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014

Mhm yep thanks I'll try. But I don't think it'll work without a product key?

PrithBubba

Honorable
Dec 10, 2014

Because I don't currently have an operating system due to the formatting lol

USAFRet

Titan

Well...to create a USB or DVD install media, you need some sort of working system.

Status
Not open for further replies.