[SOLVED] Burnt.

Jan 21, 2020
My 1050ti got burnt a month ago, luckily I got a replacement from Zotac.

My pc worked fine for a month without GPU, now the thing is, if I install my 1050ti (replaced one) will it get burnt again?

Do I need to change or test anything before installing my 1050ti?

Specs: I3-7100
1050ti 4gb oc
8gb DDR4
B250m-Ds3h Gigabyte
VS450

Last edited:
Solution
you are fine as you only have a 1050ti that only needs 300w total power.

if you must get a new PSU, I have had more EVGA's of ALL models than i can count and have never had an issue with any of the YET.
Jan 21, 2020
Some specs for your system would help.
What happened when the last one got burnt?
All the best.
Edited with specs.

This is how my previous gpu got burnt,

My pc was dead, no lights, no screen, nothing. I tried to boot without the GPU, It worked. So I installed the GPU back again to see if it's working but it got burnt. I've been using my pc without the GPU since a month, no problems yet. I have the replaced GPU with me but I'm taking precautions before installing it.

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Hi The^Agent^T,

The fact that Zotac sent you a replacement suggests that the original fault causing the incident was with the GPU card but I'm still not really clear on why your last card was damaged.

Your PSU meets the recommended minimum wattage for the card (300W).

I think I'll leave it for others to comment on whether they think it's enough for the system. (You haven't told us about fans or hdds / ssds).

Do you trust the PSU?
I don't really know anything about that model - I think I'll leave it for others to comment.

Apart from the above, I guess I have a concern about the integrity of the motherboard - was it damaged in the incident?

Do you have an old, compatible GPU you can try first, so that if it's damaged you won't loose your new one? Perhaps a friend replaced an old card and that's lying around not being used.

Taking some precautions does seem wise - if you actually put the new card in the machine (or an old test one) I would watch it closely for a while and be prepared turn off power, deal with smoke in a hurry etc.

Without knowing why the original card burnt it's hard to know what to say really.

All the best.

Reactions: The^Agent^T
Jan 21, 2020
Hi The^Agent^T,

The fact that Zotac sent you a replacement suggests that the original fault causing the incident was with the GPU card but I'm still not really clear on why your last card was damaged.

Your PSU meets the recommended minimum wattage for the card (300W).

I think I'll leave it for others to comment on whether they think it's enough for the system. (You haven't told us about fans or hdds / ssds).

Do you trust the PSU?
I don't really know anything about that model - I think I'll leave it for others to comment.

Apart from the above, I guess I have a concern about the integrity of the motherboard - was it damaged in the incident?

Do you have an old, compatible GPU you can try first, so that if it's damaged you won't loose your new one? Perhaps a friend replaced an old card and that's lying around not being used.

Taking some precautions does seem wise - if you actually put the new card in the machine (or an old test one) I would watch it closely for a while and be prepared turn off power, deal with smoke in a hurry etc.

Without knowing why the original card burnt it's hard to know what to say really.

All the best.

I guess i'll ask Zotac about the old card and I'll try to get a spare GPU from my friend.

VS series is trash btw.

My motherboard was malfunctioning few months ago (It would turn off frequently) . Not facing such problems now. Can motherboard PCIE slot cause damage to the GPU?