[SOLVED] Bus interface pci problems

Oct 22, 2020
Last edited:
Solution
That's correct. From the AB350M Pro4 specs:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/AB350M Pro4/index.asp#Specification

You have the 3200G, that's Picasso, from their specs:

AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Picasso, Raven Ridge)
  • 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x8 mode)*
  • 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slot (PCIE3: x4 mode)
Your PCIe 3.0 X16 slot will run in x8 mode because of the Vega integrated GPU which has 8 lanes reserved.
Don't worry though, running in x8 with the RX580 won't most likely make any difference compared to x16... it's a pretty low end card. Running in X8 will affect performance when running a high end GPU like the RTX 3080 or 3090.

Your PCIe 3.0 X16 slot will run in x8 mode because of the Vega integrated GPU which has 8 lanes reserved.
Don't worry though, running in x8 with the RX580 won't most likely make any difference compared to x16... it's a pretty low end card. Running in X8 will affect performance when running a high end GPU like the RTX 3080 or 3090.

Solution
Oct 22, 2020
Thank you for the quick answer, thing is 90% of games i play run 60 fps good enough for me,
problem is there are few online games that make me go crazy, to give an example Fortnite, i get stutters when surfing mouse around
and fps can t hold itself

Oct 22, 2020

Also, i tested another gpu, an evga 128 bit/2 gb and it ran Fortnite perfectly
it baffled me[/QUOTE]

Well, those stutters are certainly not from the PCIe slot running at X8.
I'd actually be more concerned about the memory configuration... 3x4 GB? You mixed and matched modules I assume (same models bought separately).
In your case 8GB will run in dual channel while the odd 4GB module will be in single channel.

Not recommended to mix and match like you did... next time buy a kit.

Also, your memory is running at 2133 MHz from what I'm seeing in Userbenchmark, not 3000 MHz. Have you tried enabling XMP from the BIOS?
Keep in mind that if you're not able to run with the XMP profile, that might be due to mixing and matching RAM.

Oct 22, 2020
  • Yes, actually i first bought a dual kit 3000 mhz and 3 months later i got another 3000 mhz same cl, but different manufacturer, also if thats the case, why other games such as Hitman and GTAV run smooth ?
  • Well, those stutters are certainly not from the PCIe slot running at X8.
    I'd actually be more concerned about the memory configuration... 3x4 GB? You mixed and matched modules I assume (same models bought separately).
    In your case 8GB will run in dual channel while the odd 4GB module will be in single channel.

Not recommended to mix and match like you did... next time buy a kit.

Also, your memory is running at 2133 MHz from what I'm seeing in Userbenchmark, not 3000 MHz. Have you tried enabling XMP from the BIOS?
    Keep in mind that if you're not able to run with the XMP profile, that might be due to mixing and matching RAM.

• Yes, actually i first bought a dual kit 3000 mhz and 3 months later i got another 3000 mhz same cl, but different manufacturer, also if thats the case, why other games such as Hitman and GTAV run smooth ?

Try enabling XMP first and see how it goes. After enabling it download CPUZ as well and check if you're actually running at 3000 MHz... into CPUZ go the memory tab and check if the DRAM frequency is close to 1500 MHz (that would mean that you're running at DDR4-3000).

EDIT: in what slots do you have your memory modules?... count them from the CPU.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020
Try enabling XMP first and see how it goes. After enabling it download CPUZ as well and check if you're actually running at 3000 MHz... into CPUZ go the memory tab and check if the DRAM frequency is close to 1500 MHz (that would mean that you're running at DDR4-3000).

EDIT: in what slots do you have your memory modules?... count them from the CPU.

i have the dual kit placed in 1/3 and the solo 4gb in slot 3, xmp profiles run good after i put them on 3000 , didnt get to try fortnite again yet, but tomorow i will see !
everything is smooth, ram doesent seem to have any kind of problem

i have the dual kit placed in 1/3 and the solo 4gb in slot 3, xmp profiles run good after i put them on 3000 , didnt get to try fortnite again yet, but tomorow i will see !
everything is smooth, ram doesent seem to have any kind of problem

It is strongly recommended that you change the slots.
Even though everything works fine, you should move them... your kit should pe placed in slots 2 and 4 (from the CPU) and the remaining module should be placed in the third slot.