Bus processor question?

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I know this is kind of a newb question, but im looking to buying another system. Im planning on buying a mobo that supports 800 fsb and i want to go cheep on the processor for now, somthing with 533fps on the chip. I know that those two will run togather but i need to know if i can run DDR400 with the 533 fsb processor. I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Yes you can but if you do get that kinda ram you will probly have the ability to lower the timings while you have the ram so the way I see it you are better off with that kinda ram. Just make sure that you get good brand name ram like CORSAIR XMS so that when you do get a fsb that is higher than 133 you can still keep you timings low. Also if you do get ram at 200 mhz you could overclock your CPU to get alot more proformace out of it. Since by the way you are talking it looks like you are getting a Intel CPU I would deffently try to boost your fsb because Intel CPU's really get a boost out of the boosted fsb even if you don't set up the overclocking to boost your clock speed.

Well I hope that I have been some help

Frozen
Fallout
OUT

-------------------------------------------------
Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Yes, everything will work fine, but don't do it! According to newegg, a P4 2.4 with 533 bus costs 169$, a P4 with 800 bus costs just 4 bucks more! Isn't it worth it? The performance increase will be significant, the P4 loves his bus bandwidth (which will be high cause you're using DDR400)

I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.