Business Cards: Software?

I was given an "el cheapo" CD-ROM that prints business cards and
installed it. I designed a card and attempted to print in using an Avery
10-card laser sheet but it only printed the uppermost-left card, rather
than all 10 cards on the sheet. I did not find any way to configure the
printer to print all 10 cards on the sheet.

Then I tried to do the same thing with MS Word 2003. I first created a
card using the margins that fit the size I needed. I then went to
Tools/Letters & Mailings/Envelopes and Labels and configured the label
to fit the Avery template (in this case # 5371). When I then printed,
the sheet came up blank. So, I went back to the card I had created and
tried to configure the printer but found no option for printing the
10-card sheet.

Am I missing something here? Does he orint option in Word 2003 not allow
for this? What about the Labels option I used for the Avery template, it
didn't print anything. What do I need to do or re-configure?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The first piece of advice is to use regular sheets of plain paper until you
have figured out where your problem is.
Next, there is an option to print more than one of a label or card.

I used to do this by saving the template generated for the Avery label with
a new name, then filling in each label or business card. I always felt that
things were simpler if you just used a basic blank document to start, then
positioned things as needed without using the card or label templates.
Assuming the business cards are 2 by 5, the page can be setup for two
columns.

If I'm in a real hurry, I'll use Publisher instead of Word. It's easier to
generate one card, and replicate it as needed.
8 1/2x11 cardstock is much cheaper than micro-perf business card stock, so I
use a paper cutter to cut the cards apart.

"PRNole" <STICKERprosete@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I was given an "el cheapo" CD-ROM that prints business cards and installed
>it. I designed a card and attempted to print in using an Avery 10-card
>laser sheet but it only printed the uppermost-left card, rather than all 10
>cards on the sheet. I did not find any way to configure the printer to
>print all 10 cards on the sheet.
>
> Then I tried to do the same thing with MS Word 2003. I first created a
> card using the margins that fit the size I needed. I then went to
> Tools/Letters & Mailings/Envelopes and Labels and configured the label to
> fit the Avery template (in this case # 5371). When I then printed, the
> sheet came up blank. So, I went back to the card I had created and tried
> to configure the printer but found no option for printing the 10-card
> sheet.
>
> Am I missing something here? Does he orint option in Word 2003 not allow
> for this? What about the Labels option I used for the Avery template, it
> didn't print anything. What do I need to do or re-configure?

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Chuck,
Thanks for this you've come close to my problem. I cannot get the Business
Cards nor the return address templates (Avery) to line up when printing.
When I create my address etc on a blank page, go to tools, letters,
envelopes, select the template etc, it will not line up when printing. It
prints what I want but not where it is usefull. Very frustrating. Any ideas?
Dan hp print problem.