Business Class Internet and Residential Internet

Mar 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

I recently began working from home for my company. My company pays Spectrum directly for business class internet and a modem, which I connect directly to my laptop. There is no wireless for business.

I also pay for a residential internet service, and have my own modem and router. No one could really answer whether or not it would work to 'support' both residential and business class internet from one apartment, but so far, there haven't been any problems that I'm aware of.

My question is this: my employer can presumably see all traffic on my work laptop that's connected to the modem. That's okay, because that's for work only. Can they also see any traffic on my personal wireless network (or if I'm connected directly to my router)?

Solution
No they can’t see anything on your residential network. Even though they are in the same apartment, they are two completely separate networks.
Your internet provider(Spectrum) can see everything you are accessing, but not your employer.
You can have as many residential and business modems at one address as your provider will allow.
Mar 22, 2018
No they can’t see anything on your residential network. Even though they are in the same apartment, they are two completely separate networks.
Your internet provider(Spectrum) can see everything you are accessing, but not your employer.
You can have as many residential and business modems at one address as your provider will allow.

Solution