Business Desktop or Consumer Desktop?

missag

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
I live in the tropics so dealing with heat and humidity and power surges is a daily occurrence. Of course I run AC as needed and keep airflow at a maximum. I had lost a consumer PC due to power surges (didn't know about USPs, but I do now), so I was thinking a business desktop might last a bit longer since they're built for heavy workloads. I know they're more expensive, but they may be worth it for me. They have VGA, HDMI and lots of USB ports which I need as well as an optical drive. I mainly use Word and do video transcription, so I have an assortment of other programs running simultaneously but nothing that demands lots of power. I don't game but do stream. I'm looking at an i3 -8100 8 GB Dell with a 6 MB cache. So I would appreciate advice from those much more knowledgeable than I. Am I on the right track here? Thanks in advance.

Solution
business desktops are no more robust thn consumer desktops. They're just built with all the same parts and ready for large orders very quickly.

A typical dell business machine will may be suited for tropical humidity, as they are designed to be used in 24-hour air conditioned buildings.

I'd suggest getting a case with *lots* of fans to maximize airflow.
business desktops are no more robust thn consumer desktops. They're just built with all the same parts and ready for large orders very quickly.

A typical dell business machine will may be suited for tropical humidity, as they are designed to be used in 24-hour air conditioned buildings.

I'd suggest getting a case with *lots* of fans to maximize airflow.

Solution