Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hello,

1. What is your budget? $1000 or less $700 would be better

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6" or less

3. What screen resolution do you want? not a deciding factor

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? not a deciding factor

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
no
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Running Tons of applications simultaneously Usually 10+ Microsoft excel windows, 5 plus Microsoft visio drawings, 1 powerpoint , 1 microsoft mappoint, 5-10 browser windows, 1 streaming music, Google earth, Lots of Outlook email windows, may a word document or 2.

This is what I do all day, I would like to have a lag free machine that can handle running a lot of apps at once with quick performance.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? not that much... SSD? (currently using 109 GB)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? not a deciding factor

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

You can increase the performance of your laptop by streamlining your work flow.
And you can probably benefit greatly by using a 2nd monitor - something in a higher resolution 1920x1080 screen.

Good advice there about another monitor, you may want to have 2 external monitors most of the time and just run the laptop in a docking station. I find that using a laptop screen along with a monitor a bit clumsy not just due to the resolution changes but also due to the how they line up. For that may windows you may want to look at a 17" screen.

Dman77

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I am looking into the HP core i7. I have tried using dual monitors with the laptop screen as the second screen before, but it sometimes seems like more work trying to keep it organized and working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.