"business" motherboard for gaming?

Six66

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
I'm buying a new cheap-ish motherboard (with LGA1151) support and I found a motherboard I like:
ASUS Prime B360M-C.
I like the price and connectivity (4x USB 3 gen 2 ports) + enhanced security and reliability whatever that means.
Anyways, I do some gaming now and then, so I am worried about the "non-gaming" motherboard description. Can there be any drawbacks for gaming, I'm using a single monitor and graphic card and this will not change in the future.

Solution
Its fine for both mate. Only 1 x PCI-E slot so be careful on some of the larger and later model GPU's that take up mulltiple slots but other than that it's fine for gaming aswell as business. It isnt an Intel LGA 1155 motherboard but rather an AMD motherboard so you would need to pair it with an AMD 2600x for example.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Its fine for both mate. Only 1 x PCI-E slot so be careful on some of the larger and later model GPU's that take up mulltiple slots but other than that it's fine for gaming aswell as business. It isnt an Intel LGA 1155 motherboard but rather an AMD motherboard so you would need to pair it with an AMD 2600x for example.

Solution
The whole "Gaming" name scheme is just a gimmick that vendors have figured out that they can charge you more for just a name.

Take your ASUS Prime B360M-C put an i5 on it with a decent GPU and your gaming it may lack some of the bells and whistles that newer "gaming" boards have like colored PCB boards, RGB lighting, or overclocking ability but it will game just as well as any other system.

Jay the ASUS Prime B360M-C is an intel 8/9 gen board

Six66

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016

Oh, I have a graphic card that covers 2 slots, should this be a problem?
Will the only problem be that I will cover one of the other slots so I won't be able to use it or the graphic card won't fit all together?

I have a gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti OC (like I said, I don't do serious gaming ;)

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Yes mate, it has more room under the PCI-E slot that the other wrong model i was referring too :) Sorry mate, i've probably confused you even more !!! The actual board you have chosen is better than the one i originally looked at and as Faalin mentioned it's fine for gaming and your 1050ti !!!!

Six66

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
You have all been very helpful! I'm also throwing an eye at the Prime B360M-A with similar specs, since it has a C-type port.
At the moment, I can't see why I would use it, but perhaps in the future? Can i charge a phone with it? Does the B360M-C seem more reliable?