Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanleyjaa

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
Hey, i don't know where to post this, so i will post it here.

This is about video editing FYI.

But i want to start a small online business where clients can make a account and have there own interface, where they can upload content directly to me(video footage) where i can download it edit the footage then upload it to there dashboard where they can take
the finished project.

Is there any websites like WIX ETC that could implement this feature, or any open source website files or something? Please leave suggestions in the comments.

i have a site setup i want it to look kinda like this only USERCP actually works ETC ETC, but its currently just a website template thats barely filled in
https://sharpedits.us/

USAFRet

Titan
Any webhost can do this.

There are three things you'll need:
  1. Your coding skills to build the interface
  2. Probably have to pay the webhost for enough bandwidth to support people uploading and downloading video.
  3. Fast bandwidth and no cap for your location to download and upload these videos.

Once you scale beyond 5 people or so, this will cost $$$.

Hanleyjaa

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
Any webhost can do this.

There are three things you'll need:
  1. Your coding skills to build the interface
  2. Probably have to pay the webhost for enough bandwidth to support people uploading and downloading video.
  3. Fast bandwidth and no cap for your location to download and upload these videos.
Once you scale beyond 5 people or so, this will cost $$$.

im not sure if your familiar with firebase but if you are can you help me? i have made a login page and secured the data and passwords, but how would i make a page where its custom to the user, so for example when they log in, they see there video projects not other users. please link a website or a video, or explain it in the reply( if you know)

USAFRet

Titan
That association would happen in the database.

As a person creates an account, they are also assigned a unique number.
User Hanley15 is member # 82.

When he uploads a video, it gets assigned Access Number 82.

On the page "My Videos", you show that user only those videos that have the number 82,
It's a little more complex than that, but this is the general idea.

You have to make it robust enough so that member IdiotTeenager1337 can't guess or access the videos of Hanley15.

Reactions: Alabalcho
This is easy to ask or explain what needs to be done, but to actually do it in code from scratch will take a lot more work than you can do in a forum question. Hire a web developer, because if you had to ask how to do it, the chances that you will get the skill to do it in a reasonable time and be able to setup the site and hosting/server for it is not very big.

You should also put in something about the service you offer in the first page of the site, I checked it and have to scroll down to see what the company actually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS