Busted Toshiba HDD - Looking to Access Files on Mac

rkearns10

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I know this topic has been belabored a bit so apologies if this has been rectified elsewhere but I haven't technically seen anything that applies to my context.... I"m a bit frustrated after doing some digging.

So here's my dilemma:

I had a Toshiba Satellite laptop on which the screen stopped working and then the laptop was having trouble booting up. So not really sure what the deal was there but I purchased the Sabrent Drive converter to attempt a way to grab my files (music, docs, pictures, etc.) from the old laptop and transfer to my Macbook. I've successfully managed to access the drive on my Mac and see the contents, but alas I can't find my files! I'm aware that the proper path would be something like users---> my unique username --> files etc. but within my user path is only administrator and local, both of which lead me to nothing. Is there a recovery tool out there that might be of service here? Doesn't seem that the drive is shit nor there any issues with access as I'm "in the building" so to speak but just can't seem to find the files!

Any help would be appreciated folks!

rkearns10

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
After some digging it looks like the Toshiba drive is an NFTS formatted drive, and per my reading I should be able to at least read some of these files. - Any takers?