But... I already HAVE a Thermaltake! Kandalf LCS...

Horrux

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
It works OK. It's quiet and has allowed me to overclock my Opteron 185 from 2.6 to 2.8 ghz.

BUT

I have a Phenom II 965 in the mail with a water block, RAM and mobo and a second ASUS Radeon HD4870 1gb... I'm thinking my two Radeons will make it very toasty in there... So I'm looking at a number of possibilities...

1. Mod that Thermaltake LCS into a beast of a watercooling system that will let me cool my Phenom and my two Radeons and even overclock everything.

2. Add something like a Swiftech H20-220 (will it even fit?) to cool the CPU and re-plumb the Kandalf LCS to cool the two Radeons.

3. Add a Coolit Freezone plumbed for two video cards and leave the Kandalf LCS system as is?

So basically I'm actually considering two separate water-cooling loops inside my box...

Any ideas what would work out best?

Horrux

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Ouch, this is an expensive, very sturdy and IMO well-designed case, although I agree, the WC for just my Opteron 185 CPU isn't that great, I can only imagine how it would do with at 140w CPU and two HD4870s... Dammit... Not the answer I was looking for...

So... What's a good large case? No thermaltake huh? Damn I thought I had a pretty good setup with this thing...

Horrux

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Ah, ok, thanks for the information! I thought the TEC was a good idea...

Well for now I have a new water block, a Swiftech Apogee GT, which I hope will, for now, give my WC a bit of a boost?

What's the right upgrade path for tweaking my WC setup into something actually GOOD?

Horrux

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Well, I didn't know it was old... Right now I'm seeing about 48°C under load on my Phenom 965, which I think is pretty good. I'm getting the impression that this block is much better than the heavy mass of copper that was the original Kandalf LCS'... And that's pretty unsurprising considering all the fins on the Apogee vs none on the K-LCS'...

The only thing that isn't Tt K-LCS stock right now is the new CPU block...

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
hey Horux, you got no alum in your loop anymore. Can't rememeber what pump you had before. You should be good.

The TT rad isn't the most capable by any measure, but if it's enuff for your temps then your good.

Best of luck. BTW, a TT rad with copper/brass heatpipes and alum fins is just just fine. Rads don't fail.

Horrux

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Yeah well you guys had me looking at radiators and it seems the Black Ice GTX360 gets good reviews, and it would seem to fit into my case. Just add a good pump and It'll get even better, right?

Horrux

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

Noisy huh? I certainly don't want that!!! OK I'll read that sticky, thanks!! :)