[SOLVED] Buy 2600x now or wait for ryzen 3rd gen?

ProPlayerGR

Reputable
Aug 7, 2016
476
16
4,795
2
Hello everyone. Yesterday I was playing Rainbow Six Siege and I had very bad fps(my gpu is gtx 1070) and that was because my cpu(fx 9370) was constantly on 100% usage(most of the cores were at 100%). And I have been playing like that for a long time and it really pisses me off and is ruining the game for me. This is the same with other games as well but it's not as frustrating as in siege. So I desperately need a new cpu and I know the 3rd gen launches on 7th of July, but the 2600x is very cheap right now(about 160-170 euros) and the whole upgrade will cost me about 400 euros which is totally fine. I'm gaming at 1080p 60hz btw. Also, on 8th july I'm going on vacation so I won't be able to purchase the 3rd gen right away. so do you think by the time I'm back the price will have dropped? I just don't know that to do, because I'm in this dilemma and I'm afraid that if I buy the 2600x now, I will regret not waiting for the 3600x. Also I have to pursuade my brother to let me buy the 2600x and he doesn't like paying a lot of money for upgrades and I don't like it as well. So what do you think I should do? Thanks in advance.
 

xravenxdota

Respectable
Aug 26, 2017
267
32
1,890
17
It all goes about price to performance.Personally i would say wait till the 7th and see what it offers.You may even see the zen+ cpu prices drop more.See what the prices are for the zen 2 and ask if it's worth it.Personally i won't upgrade my ryzen 5 2600 to a 3xxx model as i don't do much gaming.We may see the 3xxx models coming in at 100 usd more then it's not worth it.
 

xravenxdota

Respectable
Aug 26, 2017
267
32
1,890
17
It all goes about price to performance.Personally i would say wait till the 7th and see what it offers.You may even see the zen+ cpu prices drop more.See what the prices are for the zen 2 and ask if it's worth it.Personally i won't upgrade my ryzen 5 2600 to a 3xxx model as i don't do much gaming.We may see the 3xxx models coming in at 100 usd more then it's not worth it.
 

ProPlayerGR

Reputable
Aug 7, 2016
476
16
4,795
2
It all goes about price to performance.Personally i would say wait till the 7th and see what it offers.You may even see the zen+ cpu prices drop more.See what the prices are for the zen 2 and ask if it's worth it.Personally i won't upgrade my ryzen 5 2600 to a 3xxx model as i don't do much gaming.We may see the 3xxx models coming in at 100 usd more then it's not worth it.
Ok thanks for the answer. I guess I'm going to wait but I don't know if I can because I'm tired of my fx 9370, it really pisses me off. I don't know what I'm going to do.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS