Buy A GTX 10 Series Card From EVGA, Get A Powerlink For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
"Each customer is limited to four devices per account, and only one Powerlink per GTX 10-series card"

I do not understand this. So customers can register 4 cards but is limited to only 1 free powerlink?

Ok guys I get it. I misread the article and now understand that its one power link per device and not 1 power link per customer. You can stop down voting now :sarcastic:

Whats hard to understand? You can have up to four cards, and each card is entitled to one Powerlink. 4x1

Yes because paying $5 for shipping on an item that costs $25(USD) would upset some gift horse mouth looker self-entitled brats. :sarcastic:

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

I had to reread it to understand it.

I thought it meant you can register 4 cards but only receive 1 power link total. But now I reread it I understand for every 10 series card a customer registers they will receive 1 free power link and the limit is 4. So 4 cards = 4 power links. I got confused in the wording.

To permanently place the pcie power input on the cards would be a very bad idea. It would automatically make the card quite longer, and may not fit in some cases.
Since this is an accessory and not a feature, is completely optional. As a permanent feature, it's an entirely different issue.

I disagree with their statement that it will not affect overclocking. As long as the lower ripple is significant enough over the larger voltage drops caused by more intermediate plugs between the PSU and the GPU from added length and resistance, the lower ripple could indeed help overclocking slightly. At least that's how I think of it. But I think what they meant is it wouldn't negatively affect overclocking.

I'm also questioning what 10 series card requires two 8-pin cables as shown in the picture. A GTX 1080 overclocked I can't see going past 225W with its 2100Mhz limit.

If they really wanted their cards to stand out from the pack. They'd simply include these with the cards. As every manufacturer makes the same heatsink and overclock options. This would actually make a difference for buyers on the fence. Otherwise I imagine most buyers just get whatever is cheapest.

Adding anything to the box increases costs, which would raise the price for something not everyone is going to use.
EVGA is a well known brand, they dont need to be giving away goodies to keep business up, selling these cheap is a better way to make money for them.

As I said above, building the cars so you don't need this is actually a bad idea, since it can cause size/fit issues in many cases (pun?). Having it as an accessory is better, since it gives you choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.