Buy a Level 90 World of Warcraft Character Boost for $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I am a huge fan of World of Warcraft and was semi ok with level boost to 90 once the expansion came out. I am fully against them selling lv boost in there store. I have a feeling there will be a lot of backlash and hopefully removal of such a horrible cash grab idea.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I quit playing the games when it became too easy to get to high levels and you didn't have as much sense of danger when you died (speaking from back in Everquest days) The higher levels required you know how to play properly in order not to kill everyone else in the area, that kind of experience you only get from the true playing of leveling and actually getting to try out all levels and areas. getting an instant boost to top level will introduce a whole lot of n00bs and create a pain for people that high up already

Grogar123

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I think this is a big BIG mistake. They should have certain rules on being able to purchase the level 90 such as you must have at least 2 or more level 90s. I dont mind the pre-order free 90 but Really? Is WoW turning into LoL? A pay to win? If so blizzard will lose more members than they did last time. This is truly a big mistake i was looking forward to WoD cause they are fixing and doing a lot more cool stuff but this purchasable level 90 is going to ruin WoW cause you cant get familiar with a class with just 10 levels that wont make you good at your class.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I may not play World of Warcraft anymore, but I know instant leveling is a very bad idea. Players instantly maxed out will know absolutely nothing about their skill trees or their spell sets. Let alone having beginning level gear at 90? Shudder to think accidentally adding someone like that into a dungeon party not knowing they're a newb even though they're lvl 90. At least the one's who went through power leveling services had gear...

threefish

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Buzzard is just trying to grab more of the cash from the huge ecosystem it created. Level farming was already doing everything you are worried about happening here.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I think this is a big BIG mistake. They should have certain rules on being able to purchase the level 90 such as you must have at least 2 or more level 90s. I dont mind the pre-order free 90 but Really? Is WoW turning into LoL? A pay to win? If so blizzard will lose more members than they did last time. This is truly a big mistake i was looking forward to WoD cause they are fixing and doing a lot more cool stuff but this purchasable level 90 is going to ruin WoW cause you cant get familiar with a class with just 10 levels that wont make you good at your class.
How is LoL a pay to win? The only things you can buy are XP boosts and character skins. Neither of those give you an advantage over any other players.I don't think the opportunity to buy a level 90 character is an issue. You can grind to 90 in less than a week if are dedicated and put the time into it. Some people DON'T have the free time to grind 90 levels and it's an opportunity for them to experience the end-game content, even if it's just through LFG and LFR. It's also an easy way for dedicated players with multiple characters to have more options for toons to bring on raids and PvP or even have new characters on different servers or factions. When I played I only had 2 characters at max level on the same server and faction because I dreaded the level grind, especially if I couldn't transfer gold and resources from my main. If this were an option I would have gladly paid for 1 or 2 more max-level characters to try the play styles of different classes without putting a week or more into just leveling a new toon.

ronin_cse

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Would just like to point out that the option to buy a level boost only appeared briefly before it was taken away and that is where they are getting the $60. It very well may just be a place holder so it's a bit early get upset about the price.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
WoW isnt losing players because of stuff like this, WoW is losing players because the game is nearly 10 years old! The pretense of some of these comments is comical "it will kill the game", ummm ok cause we expect the game to go on forever it they dont do anything like this... riiiiiiiiiiiiiggggghtt... WoW had a good run, its now on its last leg so of course Blizzard wants to get every last $ out of it, as they are.

Adroid

Distinguished
It's funny to read a "huge flood" which Blizzard "may not want". The game is probably the easiest MMO to date to hit level cap on, not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Point being that any 13 year old with a keyboard and mouse can hit level 90 within a matter of weeks. I am lead to believe that paying 60$ for a level 90 boost is something that people with less time (AKA working class) might consider to experience the end game content. The downside to "twinking" a instant lv 90 with a full set of gear is they might not know how to perform their class function within a dungeon situation. I really liked it when Everquest 1 did the instant lv 51 + 50 AA points bit. It made it easier to jump back into the game, not having to reroll from lv 1 on a game that is hard to level in.Anyway, back to the topic I think it might be better for everyone overall to make the level jump to 85ish, to prevent people from queing up in lv 90 dungeouns day one, and precluding the inevitable immature nerdrage that will ensue as a result of people not knowing how to play their class in a group setting as well as they should (tanks and healors I'm talking to you).This is the same reason I don't like WoW anymore. It's too easy to pickup and play, and the crowd it draws isn't really a "hard core" MMO group (Yes you barrens chat).

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Why pay for this in Europe when they haven't even managed to get the servers to work properly for the last month... Blizzard is all about greed and not caring about the customers anymore, amazing to see a renowned company fall so quickly.. Soon they will overtake EA as the worlds worst company. Its a reason they loose customers in mass numbers and they don't have to look further than in their own office!

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
This will be good for the people who cant/wont spend many hours leveling 1-90. Theyre just capitalizing on the need for some peoples instant gratification without the work, whatever floats their boat.I'll just laugh at whoever pays $60 on a Monk or DK...

InvalidError

Titan
One of my friends asked me if I was interested in playing WoW again - I haven't re-activated my own WoW account since trying LFR back in patch 4.3 so I hadn't seen MoP yet and did not feel like doing so now. When he told me he'd ask someone else to level his toons, I decided to do it for him just to have a peek.

Without reading MoP leveling/questing guides, no prior knowledge of MoP quest lines, not knowing where the NPCs are beforehand, etc. I managed to do 85-90 in about 10h. (Not counting the initial 2-3h of re-learning the UI, new class mechanics, other basics, updating/replacing/configuring addons, re-arranging the UI, etc.)

Kewlx25

Distinguished
The issue Blizzard is addressing is many new people start playing WoW because a friend already plays it. The issue is you can't really "play" with your friend for several weeks if they're 100 and you're not. The jump to 90 is because 100 is around the corner, otherwise they would have done 85.

Unless someone has a better idea to get from 1 to 90 in a way that's trivial and doesn't degrade the quality of the quests.

l337n00bh4x0r

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
I don't play anymore, but if I did, I might pay for this. The game is what, 8 years old now? I've got a lifestyle now where $60 out of my paycheck is woth a LOT less than a MONTH of my time trying to get from 1-90.

voreo

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
This isnt the official price from what i can tell though. Its a leaked price. and if its from Datamining, chances are its a troll move from blizzard, they have done it in the past xD

GamerXtreme2013

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Slit the throats of those who oppose Blizzards way of making that $$$, Forever WoW Fanatics will be Fanatics and Haters will forever hate, Must i say FOR THE HORDE and let it echo through Azeroth! FOR THE HORDE!!!!

InvalidError

Titan

Personally, I like to try doing every quest I can at least once... my main character was at ~90% through Northrend and Cataclysm Loremaster when I quit playing - started playing late through BC, barely had time to hit lv70 and gear up to do Karazhan before the huge pre-WotLK heroic/raid nerfs. If you completely skip all the quests, you skip a large chunk of the lore that explains the instances and raids' background.

Then again, with the number of people telling you to hurry to max-level and the low interest from most people in doing previous expansion instances, skipping over all the previous expansion stuff won't be missed by many.

That said, I did spend enough time in old-school WoW content pre-Cataclysm (more specifically the old-school dungeon remodeling/splitting) to say I'm going to miss labyrinth-style long instances like BRD. I wish each expansion had one epic-scale 5-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.