Question Buy a mid-range graphic card ( 1050 ti vs RX570 )

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
Hi
I want to build a case. My system is :
Ram 8 gb ddr4 G-Skill 2400
Cpu core i3 - 8100
Motherboard B360

My money is not enough for a better system and I don’t know which vga should I buy rx570 or 1050 ti.
According to Benchmarks and videos on YouTube, rx is better.
  1. Is it true that gtx is better with intel cpu and I may face a problem if I use a amd vga ?
  2. Is rx570 better than 1050 ti ?
  3. Does rx570 gets hot and is it true that I face frame rate drop to 10 after it got hot ?
  4. How is amd support for new games ?
If your answer is rx570, should I get an amd cpu or not ?

Edit : my friends say
  1. intel cpu and amd graphic are bad together.
  2. Amd support is awful for new games.
  3. Amd cards gets very hot and you’ll face low framerate.

WildCard999

Titan
  1. No, Intel with Nvidia or AMD with AMD doesn't mean better performance.
  2. Yes.
  3. Like most GPU's it will get warm while gaming and as long as it stays under 85C you won't experience thermal throttling which it shouldn't unless you have a very high ambient temp and closed case.
  4. It's good, AMD rolls out new drivers every so often with new AAA game releases. Driver support also supports older GPU's as my buddy still gets updates for his R9 290 (2013).
Your i3-8100 is a fine CPU by today's standards but once your get the RX 570 if your still having performance issues then I'd consider a CPU upgrade. Without having the change the motherboard or memory and as long as you update the BIOS you can get a i5-9400F 6-core for around $160 which is a good price.

Edit: Your friends sound like fanboys and/or have no idea what there talking about.

Reactions: Artaherzadeh

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
  1. No, there shouldn't be a problem.
  2. Yes, by a long shot.
  3. As long as it's properly maintained, it shouldn't get hot, and even if it did I doubt it would be that bad.
  4. Good. Most new games are recognized by their software.

Your friends are just h8ers.

Wendigo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
1) No, the brand doesn't matter.

2) The RX570 is definitely more powerful than the 1050ti.

3) Yes, the RX570 will get hotter than the 1050Ti. But it's not an issue unless you have very crappy case ventilation.

4) It's fine. The main difference being that AMD will release the update a few days/weeks after a new game is launched while nVidia will do it a few days before. So, unless buying a lot of games the day they're released, no reason to care about this. And even then, it's not like the games will not work when launched, 99.99% of them will just work fine at release and just got a bit better (or not) when new drivers are released.

Bonus answer: your friends obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
  1. No, Intel with Nvidia or AMD with AMD doesn't mean better performance.
  2. Yes.
  3. Like most GPU's it will get warm while gaming and as long as it stays under 85C you won't experience thermal throttling which it shouldn't unless you have a very high ambient temp and closed case.
  4. It's good, AMD rolls out new drivers every so often with new AAA game releases. Driver support also supports older GPU's as my buddy still gets updates for his R9 290 (2013).
Your i3-8100 is a fine CPU by today's standards but once your get the RX 570 if your still having performance issues then I'd consider a CPU upgrade. Without having the change the motherboard or memory and as long as you update the BIOS you can get a i5-9400F 6-core for around $160 which is a good price.

Edit: Your friends sound like fanboys and/or have no idea what there talking about.
  1. No, there shouldn't be a problem.
  2. Yes, by a long shot.
  3. As long as it's properly maintained, it shouldn't get hot, and even if it did I doubt it would be that bad.
  4. Good. Most new games are recognized by their software.
Your friends are just h8ers.
1) No, the brand doesn't matter.

2) The RX570 is definitely more powerful than the 1050ti.

3) Yes, the RX570 will get hotter than the 1050Ti. But it's not an issue unless you have very crappy case ventilation.

4) It's fine. The main difference being that AMD will release the update a few days/weeks after a new game is launched while nVidia will do it a few days before. So, unless buying a lot of games the day they're released, no reason to care about this. And even then, it's not like the games will not work when launched, 99.99% of them will just work fine at release and just got a bit better (or not) when new drivers are released.

Bonus answer: your friends obviously don't know what they're talking about.
They all built a 1-2 thousand dollars case and when I said I want to buy a rx570 they said AMD support is awful, you will face framedrop after a while, AMD will get very hot, don’t waste your money, they paid YouTubers to say Rx570 is better than 1050 TI and ...
One of them introduced this forum and said it’s a good place to find which one is better.

WildCard999

Titan
Well the only one that was right was the one that told you to come here. There's only a very few games that are better optimized for Nvidia where the 1050 ti might be close to the RX 570 but like 95% of the other games the RX 570 performs better.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-570/3649vs3924

Also just because they spend a lot doesn't mean they know what there talking about. I've seen builds use like $500 more then what I paid and perform worse due to horrible part choices or going with aesthetics over performance.

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
Well the only one that was right was the one that told you to come here. There's only a very few games that are better optimized for Nvidia where the 1050 ti might be close to the RX 570 but like 95% of the other games the RX 570 performs better.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-570/3649vs3924

Also just because they spend a lot doesn't mean they know what there talking about. I've seen builds use like $500 more then what I paid and perform worse due to horrible part choices or going with aesthetics over performance.
I built this case after doing a lot of research. So everythings are match together and work fine ?
Which ram brand should I use G-Skill or Crucial ? Dual channel or 1 single channel 8 gb ram ?

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019

Another question : Should I buy a Ryzen 5 1600 ? Or keep i3 8100 ? Which one is better ?

DSzymborski

Titan
Given that you already have the motherboard for Coffee Lake CPUs, if you need more CPU power, an i5 8400/8500/8600 or even an i7 if you need it makes a lot more sense that buying a whole new motherboard to use the Ryzen. Don't get me wrong, it's be a tougher choice if you didn't already have a motherboard, but with the motherboard, the marginal cost to you for the Ryzen is much greater.

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
Given that you already have the motherboard for Coffee Lake CPUs, if you need more CPU power, an i5 8400/8500/8600 or even an i7 if you need it makes a lot more sense that buying a whole new motherboard to use the Ryzen. Don't get me wrong, it's be a tougher choice if you didn't already have a motherboard, but with the motherboard, the marginal cost to you for the Ryzen is much greater.
I don’t have any of these hardwares. I paid for them and I will receive them tomorrow. I still can change the motherboard and the cpu but I’m not sure about it the motherboard is good for it’s price and I think that intel cpu is better than amd. Never had amd cpu before.

WildCard999

Titan
B360m-k
Core i3 8100
Power 550w coolermaster
Rx570 asus strix
Ram 8gb g-skill 2400
Mouse msi gm10
Ssd wd green 120gb

I can change them until tomorrow.
I spent all my money to get these.
Dump the SSD, you can always add one in later. Snag a cheap 500-1TB HDD for now or if your near Massachusetts I have a few HDD's laying around that are about 250-500gb that you can have. I'd change the MB to a H310 and if possible change the CPU to the 9400F.

As-is the build is fine for 1080P/60hz gaming on medium-ish settings.