[SOLVED] Buy a new air cooler now or wait for intel 10th gen new rumored socket ?

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
I am upgrading from my old hyper212 that has been with me since the Core2quad Q9550 to a Be Quiet dark pro 4 , now one of the reasons that i prefer aircoolers over watercoolers is that the aircoolers have much more longetivity , the problem is right now the 10th gen rumors as far as i know are rumored to have a different socket , is there any updates on this matter to confirm or deny this rumor ?

My system specifications are the same as my current signature
CPU: i7 9700K / Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB DDR4 / Case : Coolermaster H500P Mesh White

Solution
The proper 10th Gen 10nm Ice Lake for Desktop CPU's will not be seen until at least the second half of 2020..if we are lucky. In the mean time Intel are re spinning the 9th Gen with 10th Gen Comet Lake CPU's on an even more refined 14nm +++++ these should launch very early next year...do not worry about the socket change as the fitment for coolers will remain the same...
The proper 10th Gen 10nm Ice Lake for Desktop CPU's will not be seen until at least the second half of 2020..if we are lucky. In the mean time Intel are re spinning the 9th Gen with 10th Gen Comet Lake CPU's on an even more refined 14nm +++++ these should launch very early next year...do not worry about the socket change as the fitment for coolers will remain the same...

Reactions: Mezoxin
Solution