DeepCool CASTLE 240EX A-RGB
DeepCool CASTLE 240 RGB V2

PC SPECS:
i7 11700K
16GB 2666MHz KING MAX
ASUS PRIME B560M A
PSU COOLER MASTER 850 GOLD
GIGABYTE GTX 1660
Case GREEN Z5 (120, 140, 240, 280,360MM supported cooling)
CPU COOLING Green Glacier 240 EVO.

Last edited:
Solution
That first part is fine.

The second part, you should've mentioned that from the beginning; details are very important as we can't see everything that's going on in your place. You need all 4 screws. If you have a hardware store within reasonable driving distance, you should be able to get replacements there.
The manual should tell you what kind of screw it is - you can also just take one of the screws with you to show an associate and they should help you find a match. Cheaper, and perhaps more convenient to do that than go an get another cooler.

What do you recommend for a good double fan water cooler? I like Cooler Master and Corsair
Is the Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2 good?
Neither is any better.
It would be...

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
I suspect all of those coolers will perform similarly.

What are your full specs? You mean degrees not percent right?
hi, sorry.
My PC specs: i7 11700K, 16GB 2666MHz KING MAX, ASUS PRIME B560M A, PSU COOLER MASTER 850 GOLD, GIGABYTE GTX 1660, Case GREEN Z5 (120, 140, 240, 280,360MM supported cooling) and Green Glacier 240 EVO.
yes i want I want my CPU temperature to not exceed 65 degrees Celsius under load.

What's the best $ 140 cooler?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hi, sorry.
My PC specs: i7 11700K, 16GB 2666MHz KING MAX, ASUS PRIME B560M A, PSU COOLER MASTER 850 GOLD, GIGABYTE GTX 1660, Case GREEN Z5 (120, 140, 240, 280,360MM supported cooling) and Green Glacier 240 EVO.
yes i want I want my CPU temperature to not exceed 65 degrees Celsius under load.

What's the best $ 140 cooler?
65C under full load using that processor is probably not going to happen with a 240mm AIO. Why do you think it needs to stay 65C or lower.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
65C under full load using that processor is probably not going to happen with a 240mm AIO. Why do you think it needs to stay 65C or lower.
Well I have two questions.
1-What cooling do you offer with a maximum budget of $ 140?
2-What is the maximum allowable temperature for the CPU (non-harmful temperature)

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
All of those listed should perform close to each other.

Under full load around 80/85C is fine the processor will throttle down around 100C it protect itself.
So DeepCool CASTLE 240 RGB V2 can lower the CPU temperature below 75? Because when I put the power option on the balance, the temperature in running Google Chrome reaches 60 degrees Celsius !!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There comes a point where the temperature goal doesn't matter. Intel designed their cpus to give 100% even running at 98C.
Yes, I know no one's comfortable with the idea and that it's not practical long term, so don't slam me just yet.

Instead, you're most likely to run into power limit problems before temperatures become a problem.
The Asus PRIME B560M-A is identical to the B560M-K, and cross-referenced with this:
View: https://youtu.be/HkiTA0XvXUM?t=451
(video is already saved at 7:31)
Whether the power limits are in place or not, this board is not designed to properly handle an i7. It does ok with i5s - as shown in the 11400 and 11600K slides - but can get rather toasty while doing so.

TL;DR: Power limits will stop you from getting the most out of this cpu before cpu temperature becomes an issue. If you need a recommendation for a possible new board, just check the video.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
There comes a point where the temperature goal doesn't matter. Intel designed their cpus to give 100% even running at 98C.
Yes, I know no one's comfortable with the idea and that it's not practical long term, so don't slam me just yet.

Instead, you're most likely to run into power limit problems before temperatures become a problem.
The Asus PRIME B560M-A is identical to the B560M-K, and cross-referenced with this:
View: https://youtu.be/HkiTA0XvXUM?t=451
(video is already saved at 7:31)
Whether the power limits are in place or not, this board is not designed to properly handle an i7. It does ok with i5s - as shown in the 11400 and 11600K slides - but can get rather toasty while doing so.

TL;DR: Power limits will stop you from getting the most out of this cpu before cpu temperature becomes an issue. If you need a recommendation for a possible new board, just check the video.
OK but i cant change my board.
i have to pick a cooler like SilverStone PF360 ARGB

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So you can't change the mobo for some reason, but you don't HAVE to pick a cooler like SilverStone PF360 ARGB.
The board's weak power delivery prevents the cpu from fully stretching it legs on heavy loads, and thus will not run as hot as other 11700Ks that don't have that restriction.
The board craps itself if the cpu tries to draw more than ~220w, a bigger cooler will not change this.

You already have a 240mm AIO, which appears to have decent specs, and you've not reported any dangerous temperature experiences.

I don't know... the mobo was the most alarming thing here, and it's off the table.

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
So you can't change the mobo for some reason, but you don't HAVE to pick a cooler like SilverStone PF360 ARGB.
The board's weak power delivery prevents the cpu from fully stretching it legs on heavy loads, and thus will not run as hot as other 11700Ks that don't have that restriction.
The board craps itself if the cpu tries to draw more than ~220w, a bigger cooler will not change this.

You already have a 240mm AIO, which appears to have decent specs, and you've not reported any dangerous temperature experiences.

I don't know... the mobo was the most alarming thing here, and it's off the table.
My cpu voltage reaches 1.419 volts
Can I manually limit it to 1.2 - 1.25 volts?

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
If it is jumping up and down, that is normal, and by design. If it's sitting there, then it's a problem.
There's also whether you're looking at VID: how much voltage is requested by the cores, but not how much they're actually getting...
Or you're looking at Vcore: how much voltage the mobo actually supplies the cores.
maximum Vcore reaches to : 1.19V
and VID reaches to 1.419V
it is fine?

And as for the cooling system, I'm sure there is a problem with my cooling. One of the four screws in my water block is missing and the fans are very noisy
At 2200 RPM it makes the sound of a tractor.

What do you recommend for a good double fan water cooler? I like Cooler Master and Corsair

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That first part is fine.

The second part, you should've mentioned that from the beginning; details are very important as we can't see everything that's going on in your place. You need all 4 screws. If you have a hardware store within reasonable driving distance, you should be able to get replacements there.
The manual should tell you what kind of screw it is - you can also just take one of the screws with you to show an associate and they should help you find a match. Cheaper, and perhaps more convenient to do that than go an get another cooler.

Neither is any better.
It would be more or less the same if you had just possessed all the screws for the one you're currently using... try to get a new screw.

Solution

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
That first part is fine.

Neither is any better.
It would be more or less the same if you had just possessed all the screws for the one you're currently using... try to get a new screw.
Just one more question
Is 80 degrees Celsius normal in 10 seconds of stress testing?