Buy i7 7700K now or wait for Kaby Lake-X

-atiqa-

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
1
0
510
0
As the title says, I'm wondering if I should buy i7 7700K now like I had planned a couple of days ago, or wait for Intels new X299 platform and specifically for the Kaby Lake-X CPU:s.

My current PC is getting pretty old now, and I really want/need a new PC. I had planned to get one later this month, with the i7 7700K CPU, and then this leak happened....

I only care about gaming when it comes to performance, so the 6+ core X299 platform CPU:s isn't something I'm interested in (will likely be very expensive anyways).

For me to wait for this, the Kaby Lake-X really has to be worth it. It has to be priced at the current i7 7700K price, or just slightly over. The new X299 motherboards can't really be more expensive either obviously. And there needs to be a noticeable difference. I don't think the maximum PCI lanes etc. (whatever that does) is really relevant for my PC build from what I've read.

Also, do you guys think we will see these CPU:s in June? If it's much later than that, not only will it be annoying having to wait several more months (especially since I've already bought some parts of it), but it will eventually just feel like another case of "might as well wait for the new tech around the corner" with Coffee Lake etc etc...
 

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017
533
0
1,060
46
there is a huge price difference in both CPU and Motherboard between the X platform and the Z platform .. so if you dont have the money for the X is not worth waiting anyways ...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS