[SOLVED] Buy Locked Macbook Air 2019?

blade_storm

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
Hello guys!
I found a guy in a local site that sells used items that sells his Apple Macbook Air (2019) for 400€. The only issue it seems to have (The laptop) is that it's LOCKED. I really don't know anything about MacOS but how difficult would it be to unlock it, really? I will get it to a professional to do it if I buy it.
The seller has great reviews from the site and my overall experience with the platform is great. So, do you think it's a safe purchase or not?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Locked + inexpensive = Stolen.
Pass on this.
Agreed. Also, going to a "professional" will add additional wasting of money as he/she will be VERY unlikely to unlock the device. Apple can, but not without proof of legitimate ownership.

If such ownership was available, it wouldn't be listed for this low price. It is stolen. Don't waste your time and money.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If they owned it, there are ways they could have unlocked it using legal methods, all of which would be unavailable to you. If you want help bypassing protections, you will find no answer here, per site policy, and any such question will be removed.

From the facts given here, I'd guess stolen laptop.

blade_storm

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
Thanks for the answer, Yeah, I thought the same.
No, I don't look for these types of methods here. If I buy it, I will get it to a professional programmer or something.
I just want your opinion about the situation.
Stolen...Hmm, I think of it too. I just encounter this thought with the fact he has great reviews on the site.

Sep 4, 2020
Yeah even a professional will have problems unlocking a locked laptop. If you think about it there are very good reasons for laptop mannufatorers to want that teihr laptops locks can't be cracked. But i would say about 9/10 times someone wants to sell something without the password it's stolen...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Locked + inexpensive = Stolen.
Pass on this.
Agreed. Also, going to a "professional" will add additional wasting of money as he/she will be VERY unlikely to unlock the device. Apple can, but not without proof of legitimate ownership.

If such ownership was available, it wouldn't be listed for this low price. It is stolen. Don't waste your time and money.

Solution