Buy me a display

SimoneCC

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
What I do is mainly some gaming and I may be using some CAD or programs like that.

The main purpose of my monitor should be not to wear out my eyes because I also play poker for many hours online.

The dimension can go from 19" to 24".
I prefer a non-glare version because my room has many different lights and I would like them not to interfere.

DVI or HDMI are needed for my GPU.

Please pick from Amazon.it.

Thank you.

bliq

Distinguished

bliq

Distinguished
ideally go for lower response times if you're playing first person shooters or anything where input lag would be a factor. but remember we're dealing with differences of thousandths of a second. you may need to be a pro gamer to be able to take advantage of a 4ms faster monitor.

ideally go for higher contrast as it is usually associated with better image quality. The exact thing that is measured eludes me at the moment but easily googled.

No such thing. Eye strain for all monitors if you use it for a long time. In layman's, our eyes react differently when staring at a light source, we blink less, and so on.

At that budget, any is fine. May be able to afford an IPS monitor.

Science: http://www.eizo.com/library/basics/eyestrain/

You still get eye strain, blue light is only filtered, but there, and there are several other reasons. However, don't be fooled by "PWM". That's purely marketing, and has never been proven to cause eye strain. That's like saying some people get eye strain by staring at a lightbulb, or that some people get eye strain because they're at the cinema, which is completely normal. Important to remember that we're not all the same, meaning it can't be an issue for everyone. It's all bull to sell more monitors. Unless someone can bring up an accurate article and not clickbaits to fool consumers with no understanding of physics or eyes.

I downvoted the above answer because you confused respones time with input lag, something that there's enough of a misconception on the internet already. Response time has never mattered, it's an LCD. If you don't want ghosting, then increase the refresh rate, that's how to get rid of it, not lower the response time number which is measured in a way all major manufacturers have their own way of measuring it in their test labs, to get the lowest and fake result. A cheap monitor is a cheap monitor, that won't change. TN isn't faster because it's cheap, it's faster because they're cutting way too many corners elsewhere. The difference between a 5 ms IPS and 1 ms TN is not there, there's no difference.

SimoneCC

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Well eye strain may be for all monitors but not for all monitors is the same.

At the moment I am using a 32" LCD glare tv screen from 80 cm distance and I feel too strong eye strain after little use, that is why I am planning to switch into a smaller and maybe better monitor.

I understood that matt is better for rooms and places with lights and maybe IPS might be better because I am not such an hardcore gamer to justify the purchase of a TN.

Anyone else?

Problem in bold. You're the minority if you get eye strain that easily. May want to experiment with different sizes, coatings and resolutions.