Question Buy Motherboard to RAM

May 16, 2023
Hello there may I ask for help from your side?
I've bought this kind of ram Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4333
and I don't quite get what kind of motherboard I can use to that IT can run at speed "4333" without overclocking and still have the possibility to overclock if that is possible ofc, also I've purchased this processor AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core so what I've had in mind is somehow finding the perfect middle motherboard that supports the speed of the ram and this CPU! But if there is no possibility of finding a motherboard that can use this CPU and run the RAM (any $, can be with RGB ) then please help me choose the motherboard for the RAM ^^

and I don't quite get what kind of motherboard I can use to that IT can run at speed "4333" without overclocking and still have the possibility to overclock if that is possible ofc, also I've purchased this processor AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core so what I've had in mind is somehow finding the perfect middle motherboard that supports the speed of the ram and this CPU! But if there is no possibility of finding a motherboard that can use this CPU and run the RAM (any $, can be with RGB ) then please help me choose the motherboard for the RAM ^^
Options.

Filter the list by the size mobo you want then go through that list to check supported ram speed.

Not with that CPU, it wouldn't run at close that speed but MBs with 500 series chipset may hit it when coupled with 5000 series Ryzen so you are looking for wrong component.
What is your present MB ?
Since you already have RAM you would be better off running it at 3600MHz which should give you very low latency and most probably better performance.

May 16, 2023
Not with that CPU, it wouldn't run at close that speed but MBs with 500 series chipset may hit it when coupled with 5000 series Ryzen so you are looking for wrong component.
What is your present MB ?
Since you already have RAM you would be better off running it at 3600MHz which should give you very low latency and most probably better performance.
I have MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 also have something shady going on with the ram like it shows 8 gigs reserved for some kind of reason

yes i did update it just now
Did you try setting any XMP mode ?
Just to recap,
1. That and all MBs for Ryzen platform, specially with 400 and 500 chipsets are compatible with all Ryzen AM4 processors that have appropriate BIOS version installed. So, if you insist on using that RAM at high speed (but most probably up to "only" 4000MHz that should be achievable with most B550 and X570 MBs but only with 5000 series Ryzen.
2. "Without overclocking" would mean running memory at base, 2133MHz, anything above is kind of overclocking memory as well as memory controller in the CPU. Even if it's thru using XMP which is a preset for easy OC.
3. Reserved memory is a Windows function only, changing RAM amd MB is not going to make difference as that's separate problem.

May 16, 2023
Did you try setting any XMP mode ?
Just to recap,
1. That and all MBs for Ryzen platform, specially with 400 and 500 chipsets are compatible with all Ryzen AM4 processors that have appropriate BIOS version installed. So, if you insist on using that RAM at high speed (but most probably up to "only" 4000MHz that should be achievable with most B550 and X570 MBs but only with 5000 series Ryzen.
2. "Without overclocking" would mean running memory at base, 2133MHz, anything above is kind of overclocking memory as well as memory controller in the CPU. Even if it's thru using XMP which is a preset for easy OC.
3. Reserved memory is a Windows function only, changing RAM amd MB is not going to make difference as that's separate problem.
i did turn on the XMP mode on 4000MHz but it still shows 2133MHz I even entered this in Command Prom to check - wmic memorychip get speed

May 16, 2023
In that case you might want to set it manually. start with 3200MHz for instance and see how it goes.
so I got myself a 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance and it worked now I can safely XMP my ram but also want to comment that with the ram that I had before I set it manually to 3200MHz and it worked and showed every 16GB usage but I didn't have the correct clock set for it. So Now i have XMP enabled and clock speeds are correct now ^^ everything works as i wanted overall!

Reactions: CountMike