Nov 11, 2016
i7 4790
Gigabyte H87M-D3H
16GB RAM DDR3
Gigabyte RTX 2060 super gaming OC

fsp raider 650w
NZXT Phantom 410 White
DELL U2414H

Recently bought the RTX 2060 which causes random restarts in game, so I want to replace the PSU, which PSU would you recommended?

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Agreed with Keith above. If you went on an order of quality / best starting from top:
  1. RMi
  2. RMx
  3. TXM
  4. RM
RMi will have a digital monitoring output of pretty much everything, Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan. all Japanese caps, 10 year warranty.

RMx won't have the digital output and is rifle bearing fan.

Regardless if it suits your budget better, the RMx is excellent, just the RMi is even better, that's all.
If you don't want the monitoring, then the RMx is more than enough.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Dolsik

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
Agreed with Keith above. If you went on an order of quality / best starting from top:
  1. RMi
  2. RMx
  3. TXM
  4. RM
RMi will have a digital monitoring output of pretty much everything, Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan. all Japanese caps, 10 year warranty.

RMx won't have the digital output and is rifle bearing fan.

Regardless if it suits your budget better, the RMx is excellent, just the RMi is even better, that's all.
If you don't want the monitoring, then the RMx is more than enough.
Gotcha, thanks. Can't imagine myself using the monitoring tools too much, probably will go with the RMx

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a matter of perspective. The RMi is an extremely good psu. It's 1 step above the Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro, which is a Seasonic Focus Gold platform. But it's a minor step. Once you leave behind the junk and mediocre, the differences between very good and extremely good and excellent get smaller.

For most ppl with OC systems, a Bronze is fine, there's insufficient need for uber tight outputs to maintain stability. The difference between Bronze and Gold is a few components to tighten that output ripple and make the psu a little more power efficient. The cost difference in manufacture is almost negligible compared to retail costs.

So even if the Antec is a considerable upgrade over the old psu, the RMi is a smaller step, a step non the less. The AXi is another step up, to Platinum, but unless you have a real need for the best ripple control, most heavy duty platforms there is, uber high OC and beyond intense usage, they are somewhat over-priced. You end up paying for what you don't use.

Be like purchasing a RTX2080ti to play minecraft on a 1080p / 60Hz monitor.

It's not going to hurt to get good, better, best, question is is if it's worth the extra. The Antec is plenty good enough, the RMi is better yet, the AXi is so far beyond necessity it's almost pointless.

It's a 6 year old Haswell i7 and a bottom of the line RTX. Be a little different if it was an i9 9900k and $1000+ RTX being pushed to OC limits

Reactions: PC Tailor