Buy Nvidia GTX 1070ti or 1080 now, or use my GTX 1060 3gb and save for the 1080ti?

May 9, 2018
SORRY FOR THE LONG READ IN ADVANCE

So the story is: The PC I have atm is a STRICT budget build (i5-7400, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 3gb, using some not so much recommended brands haha), and coming to the present I finally saved enough money and purchased parts to build an upper end PC (i5-8600k, MSI Z370 MB, 32 Gb Ram, etc.) But now that I am looking for an GPU to go along with my new build, I am having a problem deciding between Nvidia GTX 1070ti and the 1080

Examples of the decision problems:
1. Which brand to go with
2. Which GPU is better in the long run (the reviews I have been reading are up and down for both models)

I am into a week of researching, and now I am in between just throwing the 1060 3gb into my new build and waiting for new releases from Nvidia, buying one of the three gpus listed above (I'm afraid the 1060 3gb may cause bottleneck or other problems to the i5-8600k), or just saving a little longer and buying the more expensive 1080ti.

This problem I'm having is probably what many others who are upgrading are facing too, so just post your opinions/theories as you wish!

Solution
I would suggest using your 1060 GTX and saving not for the 1080 Ti but for the imminently upcoming new Nvidia (or even AMD) GPUs that would probably have an MSRP comparable to what 1080ti sells now for or less, ASUS, EVGA and MSI are renowned for innovation and quality of their releases with their top tier models.
your better off using the 1060 you have now. if leaked info is right about the new tech from nvidia your going to get a new gpu that for the price is a lot faster then the gpu that are out now for the same cost. the holdup that i read online was nvidia was waiting for the newer faster video ram from samsung to go from eng ram to full retail ram. there was some delay and it looks like the newer ram be out at the end of this year.

R0GG

Distinguished
I would suggest using your 1060 GTX and saving not for the 1080 Ti but for the imminently upcoming new Nvidia (or even AMD) GPUs that would probably have an MSRP comparable to what 1080ti sells now for or less, ASUS, EVGA and MSI are renowned for innovation and quality of their releases with their top tier models.

Solution
Where did you get that idea?
Yes the 1060 3GB will be the weakest component, but this will in no way impact the performance of your 8600K. You might actually be surprised how well your 1060 runs with a better CPU. In the long run you'll want a better GPU for even better performance, but there is no way in the short term that your 1060 is going to hurt anything.

May 9, 2018
Thank you guys for the opinions! Everyone is agreeing that holding onto the gtx 1060 for a bit longer is the right choice so I'll do that.
@pete_101 I used thebottlenecker calculator site to see if gpu can bottleneck cpu and it said that there is 13-16% bottleneck and that anything over 10% is considered bottlenecking. I have no idea how it portrays irl so that was one of my worries haha thank you for correcting me!